Thread: best place to buy Biesemeyer splitter?

best place to buy Biesemeyer splitter?

I need a new Biese removable splitter for my Unisaw. The one I had on my contractor saw doesn't fit the Unisaw. Have to buy a new one now. I have considered other brands ,but like the Biese for its heavy construction. Anyone know the cheapest place to buy one besides Amazon? Did a Google search and didnt really find many places that sell it except Amazon. I have nothing against Amazon , but wondered if any smaller independently owned stores have them. Checked the post a couple days ago where they were selling them for $78. but they didnt have the one for my saw.

perhaps Delta not Bies.

if you have the Unisaw, by the Delta splitter direct from a Delta service center. the part number was in a previous post, if you can't find it let me know I have it somewhere. I believe it is about $39 and is removable

Delta part number is 1349941. Delta tel # 1 800-223-7278. It is absolutely without peer

Dale, would you please post the details of your unisaw purchase? Where
    and for how much. Was planning to go to the woodworking show in KC,
    and order one. Did you get yours at the show?

Jim, bought mine from my local Woodcraft store. They had 10% off all Delta tools at the time. The regular cost of the X5 left tilt w/Biesemeyer fence was $1849 plus 6% PA sales tax. My final cost minus the 10% discount was about $1764. It cost a little more than if I bought it from Woodworkers Supply, but I am supporting a local business this way and didnt have to wait for it to be shipped(I picked it up in my van). Plus I sent for one of the free tools that was offered with the saw. I opted for the mobile base which normally costs $159. Had to send for it and am still waiting for its arrival. All in all not a bad deal , I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale rex; 01-16-2005 at 1:49 PM.

Red face Splitters

Speaking of splitters I watched Kelly Mehlers video on "Mastering your Tablesaw" I was not expecting to learn too much as I have been using tablesaw for years,however I did learn a lot of stuff and got some really neat ideas, it was a very good video! I checked it out of local library after some of you all were talking about the other video of his...(and he chimed in). Anyway on the saw he uses in the video it has a splitter that pulls up or down from under the cover plate? Is this how most splitters work?
    I have a ryobi bt 3000 (No peanut gallery commenst please ) anyway it has one on the guard but that is it. If the guard is off no splitter.
    I thought that was really neat how from time to time folks like Kelly chime in and are part of the forum here! Whens Norm going to chime in?

Regard
    Chris
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

I met Kelly at the Sacramento WW show. I watched a couple of his demos, and bought his book and DVDs. I had a nice time talking with him and was pleasantly surpised when he personalized the book with an autograph.