I have a year old 16/42 that I had been using exclusively for head stock mounted turnings.What I mean is that other than the occasional support from the tailstock I wasn't even keeping the tailstock on the lathe.Then over the holidays I started turning birdhouses and ornaments and nneded to turn between centers and had some problems.I started investigating and found that my headstock and tailstock were not aligned.I releveled the lathe and that helped a bunch.Then I checked again and it was still off.Removed the headstock and found a buildup of assorted wood based debri ,cleaned it off ,reinstalled the headstock and it is still off.Not much but it is off.Not sure what else I can do without shimming/rigging something into alignment.I'm getting ready to duplicate some fancy spindles for somebody and I believe this is gonna be a pita.Do I call JET ,it seems like the tailstock needs to be a little higher.The side to side is good but the height is lower on the TS end.What would you guys do?Thanx,
Greg