Thread: Festool Boom

Festool Boom

I purchased a Boom for my CT33 a year ago and always thought that it was way overpriced for what it was. Long story short is that I never installed it until yesterday, and I must say that I am quite pleased with its quality and well thought out and executed engineering. Kinda shocked me that the junction between the lower and upper boom sections go together with a solid machined billet of aluminum! Its a shame that now days, when things fit together well, and all the holes line up perfectly we are amazed! Nice product and glad I didn't make my own now. I did mount it in reverse, booming over the vacuum, so I wouldn't have to deal with the outriggers.

Jonathan,

I have had the boom installed on my CT for over a year and a half. I was breaking down some plywood this past Saturday and remember thinking, "Man, I am glad I have this boom attached to my vac!". It just makes it so much more convenient rather than wrestling with the hose and cord.

Jack

Dang...and here I was thinking by the title that someone's Festool tool finally blew up.

Mark,
    Makes me wonder what you would have thought if the post was about a shooting plane!

I really enjoy mine as well. I just added a Dust Deputy as well and it is beginning to look like frank-in-vac but it works very well.

IMG_0791.jpg

-Gary

Blog Entries
    My major gripe with the boom arm is the stabilization feet. When they are "closed" they interfere with the front wheels (you can see this in Gary's picture). Aside from that, I really like using the boom for any table height operation.

I have not really noticed issue with the feet being in the way. In fact they live in the closed position 90% of the time, of course i don't move it around too much either.

-Gary

Gary,
    How tall is the tip of the boom? I like the idea but I need to see if it will clear.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kincaid View Post
    Gary,
    How tall is the tip of the boom? I like the idea but I need to see if it will clear.

-Brian
    The Boom arm is just under 85" from the ground.

-Gary