Thread: Master Bath complete, almost....

Master Bath complete, almost....

I've finally finished my 7 month master bed / bath remodel!!! But..... My wife thinks the wood panels on the tub steps need to match the paneled doors on the cabinet. I think that this works just fine, becuase if you made a frame and panel, the steps are too narrow. Then the panel would only be about 4 inches wide, in the frame. I think it would look funny. Also, she does not like the matching red window sill. She thinks it is out of place. Last, do the false panels on the cabinet need knobs? Or leave them the way they are without knobs? So, whatcha all think??? Any design ideas for the steps and window sill? Should I leave it the way it is, or "modify" it? Should I change it to something else? Such as tile the step face and granite on the windowsill to match the rest? Any Ideas??? Thanks...

So here's the other details. THANKS TO ALL WHO ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS ON THIS PROJECT!!! I did the entire project by myself (that's why it took 7 months). The cabinet is maple. Benite was applied to condition the wood, then sprayed with an alcohol dye, blood red. Next, 2 coats of Target Coatings EmTech universal sealer. Then 3 coats of Target gloss. I'm not happy with the stain, it is still blotchy. I will never stain maple dark again! I think I would have been better off painting it the dark color instead. The countertop and backsplash are Granite tiles. The floor is a faux Travertine tile, 16". The shower walls are also faux travertine. The horizontal surfaces and step around the tub is the same granite as the countertop. The shower pan is a custom size poured marble. All fixtures are brushed nickel. The only original fixtures left are the tub, toilet, shower door and mirror. This bathroom was almost a complete demolition. It previously had only one sink, peeling vinyl floor, leaking tile shower, and a gaudy flourescent light fixture enclosed into a redwood box above the vanity.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Big, or Go Home... He who has the gold, makes the rules

Looks great Scott!! I like the red the red window sill...it fits in well....as the steps, why not use applied mouldings to make it appear as though they are panels? Thin and decorative?

Anyway...it looks wonderful...good job.

Greg