Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accepted!

Accepted!

The Tohono Chul Park Museum in Tucson is having an exhibit celebrating the Mesquite tree. They had a call for entries with the requirement that the pieces be made of Mesquite or feature the Mesquite tree (photos, paintings, etc). I submitted 5 pieces in total and I received notice today that the 3 pieces below were accepted and will be on display in the museum from 4/26 - 7/22.

Jason
    Image1a.jpgImage2a.jpgImage5a.jpgImage5b.jpg

Congratulations on your acceptance. I've never had any mesquite to turn, since I live in S. Indiana. I'd like to try it sometime. Great color of the wood and great forms.

Congrats Jason. They are great pieces, but I especially like Relic II.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Congrats Jason!
    They're all very nice pieces!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Congratulations Jason! Those are very nice pieces, especially Relic II. Can I ask what happened to Relic I?

Relic I - Desert Ironwood
    DI1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin Burton View Post
    Congratulations Jason! Those are very nice pieces, especially Relic II. Can I ask what happened to Relic I?

congratulations, mesquite to turn for show is a great idea

Congrats, Jason! Will the museum offer them for sale? That is often the case with exhibits. Hopefully, this results in some recognition and sales.

Congrats Jason. Those are some pretty pieces. I am sure it will be a great exhibit!

What a cool honor. Congratulations. Those pieces are beautiful. I'm partial to the first one. Turning that lip must have been challenging.

Beautiful work.

Jason - congrats on being accepted to the show! I hope it leads to some sales!! Nice work on everything - especially the HFs!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

12. Very nice Jason, I'm going to have to get some mesquite, what an interesing wood and your finish is beautiful.

And they didn't want to display Relic I?

Nice work on all especially Relic I!

Very nice pieces Jason. Especially like Relic I!

They had to be made of Mesquite. Relic I is made out of Desert Ironwood so it wasn't submitted. It was displayed last year at the AAW Turning 25 exhibit in Minneapolis during the national symposium.

All 3 pieces will be for sale during the show with a 60/40 split on the sale price.

Jason