Thread: Has anyone bought any recon Festool?

Has anyone bought any recon Festool?

I noticed today cleaning out my email that Festool sells recon tools. It appears they have most of their line at 10 or 20% off depending on condition which is pretty clearly outlined. You still have to order them through a dealer but seems like an interesting deal.

Anyone done it? Your experience if you did.

1-year warranty vs. the 3-year for 10%? No thanks....
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

+1

Also, the Bosch Remanufactured items that I have purchased were in the condition that these 10% off Festools are, were more like 35% off and had the same warranty as new.

Brand new Festools with the warranty dropped to 1 year at 10% off is iffy.

The recertified demo items were around half price and still had full warranty.

I should note that I do have a bunch of Festool - I just don't think that I would be willing to give up the great warranty for 10 to 20% off the price. That is really all my point is on the so-called "deal" that they are offering.
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

The recon sale was announced a few weeks and dealers were taking pre-orders for the Feb. first sale. By 12:01 AM on the first most of the good tools were sold. There really isn't much, if any tools left at this point.

I would not be afraid to go the "recon" route, almost all of my festool stuff is out of warranty (over 3 years old). I have never had a problem with one of them, so if I could save 20%.....sign me up.

I ordered two recon tools early last week through tool king. They charged my account, show order sent to warehouse and order shipped, but I haven't seen them yet nor have I gotten a confirmation number for the shipment. I figure the 1 year warranty isn't so bad as I have bought most of my Festool used on eBay anyway. Plus, if they aren't what I expect, they have the 30 day satisfaction guarantee on them and I will send them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Porter View Post
    through tool king. They charged my account, show order sent to warehouse and order shipped, but I haven't seen them yet nor have I gotten a confirmation number for the shipment...
    Par for the course. In my experience (having an issue - a tool that arrived with broken castings - that never got resolved), you're better off just waiting to see if you get the stuff than dealing with them. Customer service (or tool king's loose interpretation of such a thing) can be a real hassle.

I agree with the comment above that for what they (festool) described as the condition of the tools, they can keep them at that price. It would barely be a sale discount on a new tool that didn't have a price control.

Brice - do you buy yours in the city here, and if so, where? I've seen them at Saw Sales and Machinery and at Rockler, of course. I like Saw Sales a lot, and I need to buy something.
    Last edited by David Weaver; 02-10-2011 at 2:14 PM.

I have a few reconditioned Festool items and I'm well past the 1 year and even the 3 year of the new stuff. Zero problems.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    ....Brice - do you buy yours in the city here, and if so, where? I've seen them at Saw Sales and Machinery and at Rockler, of course. I like Saw Sales a lot, and I need to buy something.
    No, I buy from Bob Marino, I'll pick up a few consumbles from time to time at Allegheny Millwork in the Southside. I've never been to Saw Sales and Machinery but I don't get out that way often.

I need to get a long track, i'm a bit hesitant to have that shipped, otherwise I would probably not spend the hour driving to and from saw sales. I don't get to the south side much, it's that crossing both rivers thing (not being originally from here, i think it's interesting how little people from the south travel across both rivers into the north, and the converse).