Thread: Shared outdoor experiences (Hunting, Fishing)

Shared outdoor experiences (Hunting, Fishing)

My second passion is hunting and fishing. I fish salmon on the great lakes, and lotsa bass fishing in the Chicagoland area.

I've often thought; I wonder if someone who shoots priarie dogs or hogs would like to go salmon fishing in the lakes? Instead of paying outlandish fees for an charter, I'd pick them up at the airport, make sure they have a comfortable place to stay, and tak'em fishing. In turn they would do the same for me. Both of us could have a great time for the price of a plane ticket.

Of course, another benefit would be to talk and see the woodworking operations that brought us all together. Seems like we'd certianly have enough to talk about during the visit.

I was just wondering..........

Ken
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shoemaker View Post
    My second passion is hunting and fishing. I fish salmon on the great lakes, and lotsa bass fishing in the Chicagoland area.

I've often thought; I wonder if someone who shoots priarie dogs or hogs would like to go salmon fishing in the lakes? Instead of paying outlandish fees for an charter, I'd pick them up at the airport, make sure they have a comfortable place to stay, and tak'em fishing. In turn they would do the same for me. Both of us could have a great time for the price of a plane ticket.

Of course, another benefit would be to talk and see the woodworking operations that brought us all together. Seems like we'd certianly have enough to talk about during the visit.

I was just wondering..........

Ken
    If you ever make it down to Arkansas we can go hog/deer hunting with a rifle. That should be a plus since they are banned up your way . Or trout fishing. Lots of good places for that around here.
    One purchase helps keep HF in business, the other helps keep LV in business.
    Those two outcomes have different values for me. - Chuck Nickerson

Derek,

It's funny that my wife was down at the outdoor diamond mine last week-end. She went with her sisters and had a great time. Lost intrest in the mine pretty quick than wnet sight-seeing. She brought back pictures of some beautiful country.

I'd very much like to take you up on your offer to shoot hogs. I'd probably drive it so I could bring some meat home.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Ken, that's a neat idea and one that's applicable to almost any activity.

My wife belonged to The Motor Maids for many years, a bike club for women. Since they formed in the thirties, the MM club has encouraged members to travel by staying overnight at other members homes.

The BMW club I belong to has a similar service where the Anonymous Book allows to locate members in a geographical area who will help you if your bike breaks down, or are willing to provide a spare room or even tent space if you're passing through.

Shared experiences can be fun. Good luck on your hunting/fishing idea.

Regards, Rod.