Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More problems, Now with the Raised Panels

Sounds like something I would do!! Now let's see if I remember this when I start gluing up panels.....Jim.

Jack, Jack, Jack... I would love to say that I have never experienced this, but I can't. My only saving grace was i never posted why it was there...... You made my day.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

This has happened to me. It is your biscuits showing. You have to plan ahead when doing your biscuit placement prior to glue up. Once you do it, you'll never do it again. You are not alone...
    Jerry

Did the same thing with dowels. That is the last time I used anything but glue on my panel glue-ups.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Diemer
    Duh, now I feel stupid. Feel free to pile on, I am having one of those days.
    Hey Jack, I see from the location of the "Points of Interest" you built into your panels, it looks like you also forgot which side was going to be the face, (since it looks like the biscuit slot on one panel was referenced to the face side, and the other panel's biscuits were referenced to the back side. (See How observant and Smart I am as a Monday Morning Quarterback???)

Seriously, sorry about your fopah, but no worries, just note it in the lessons learned book, and press on to new Heights. (Heck, my lessons learned books would make a small library)

"Them Lessons you Larned, Ain't worth a $&!^ If'n you Ferget 'Em"----Maurice Smith (1934-2002)

Jack...been there...done that....bought the t-shirt....paid dearly! If this is a piece for yourself........put those ends of the panel down to minimize their exposure and finish them and display them proudly! We all have to learn the hard way sometimes!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Jack -

No sweat I've cut into a biscuit before, too. Chalk it up to practice. The biscuits aren't really needed for strength in a panel, but sure help in alignment. Leave out in your next set.

Ted

Actually thanks for the heads up, having not done raised panel doors yet, I am sure I would have discovered this 'feature' as well. I picked up a set of CMT door bits to give them a shot on some shop cabinet doors.
    The Light of One Candle is Never Dimmed by Lighting Another

Jack, Not to worry, I've done the same thing too. After that experience, I now mark the edge of the stock where all the biscuits are - just in case. Lars