Thread: 26ga Metal Ducting Very Cheap!!!!

26ga Metal Ducting Very Cheap!!!!

I just found a shop in Albany, NY that is selling me all my ducting for a very cheap price. Talking about 6x6x6 wye's for a little over $6. They sent me samples, and I realized that I will have to use the aluminum tape at the points as they have a bunch of relief cuts due to how they form the wye's. But for the price, I think I can handle that. I can post pics and all prices if anyone is interested.

They deliver to all states around NY and would even ship depending on the circumstances.

I am not associated with this business in any way, but from what I have seen of prices on the internet and even locally, I just wanted to share. I couldn't even get S&D pvc with my 'trade' discount for these prices.

If anyone is interested I can post a contact number and whatnot for you.

Just trying to help others save.

Jimmy

Sounds interesting, but wonder how the shipping would play out. It would most likely be more than the merchandise. I think it is worth checking it out. Please provide some pictures if you can and their contact info. Thank you.

Tad:

Here is the companies info. They might even have delivery trucks that head down to NJ once in a while,
    but not sure of it. Worth checking into for the savings.
    Just figured I would try to help some others save a little money.

Info:

R&J Sheet Metal Distributors, Inc.
    156 Orange St
    Albany, NY 12210
    518 433 1525

annie@randjsheetmetal.com

Prices:
    6"x60"26ga $7.86/ea
    4"x60" $5.75
    6" adj. elbow $2.78
    4" adj. elbow $2.15
    6x6x6 wye $6.05
    6x6x4 wye $5.86
    6"-4"reducer $4.25
    4x4x4 wye $5.26

That is all I have prices for, as it's all I am using.

I will get some pictures up later when I get home.

I would like to hear from others if they have found better deals in their neck of the woods though.
    At least for here in upstate NY, this was a huge savings for me, by about $500+.

Looking for an update to this - have you installed and used these fittings yet? Especially interested in pics of the relief cuts you mention. I agree that shipping might be prohibitive but the prices are crazy good.

Steve

If shipping is reasonable, that puts the Wyes at least in the price realm of S&D PVC, but the pipe is still a bit spendy compared to PVC... Would be nice to see what their shipping costs would be to TX...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I can't seem to find "cheap" PVC - best I found so far locally is $2.50 a linear foot at John Deere Landscaping. That's in Raleigh/Durham, NC and for SD35 (they feign no knowledge of 2729 - SD35 is their standard S&D pipe). Prices for fittings are all over the map. At $1.60/ft I could be convinced to go metal vs. PVC, but I haven't sourced the pipe/fittings at local HVAC dealers because I'm more comfortable working in PVC. Guess I need to make some calls...

Steve

I have worked with metal before when I did some ducting for my heating system, so admittedly I had the tools already.
    But all I need is the crimper, sharpie marker, aluminum tape, some 3/8" self tapping screws, cordless drill, pliers, and a cutoff blade
    on my portable mitre saw (it's 10" and I use this for the harsh jobs to save the big 12" from abuse).

To give everyone a reference I will post the quotes I received locally for the pvc SD35 (which is the same as the ASME 2729)
    (the numbers after the part are various quotes. Keep in mind I was also get an 'in the business' discount from these pvc places because I am an architect)

6x6x6 wye's - $24.75ea. $29.27/ea. $19.00ea

Now granted, I think the $29.27 guy (John Deere Landscaping) quoted me for sch40 even after I explained to him 2x I wanted S&D.
    But then he wouldn't requote me saying they don't stock it here in this part of NY. No biggie.

So at $6.05ea for the metal, you can see why my choice was so easy.

I just hoped to help some others save a little money if I could. I know most of us here are hobbyists
    and aren't getting rich, just doing it for a little relief and fun.

I know they get their parts form a place in NC, so they might be able to ship it directly from there
    and keep the shipping costs lower. That might mean buying a extra elbow or two making the box full,
    but the cost might be worth it.

Anyway, just trying to help.

If you need anything else, let me know. I will be seeing them when they drop off the rest of my order this week.

Jimmy

If they get their parts from NC, I'd be interested to know who their supplier is and where they're located. I'd go pick up within a few hours of Raleigh/Durham to save shipping but would be interested what the "direct ship" price would be either way. Any contact info you can wrassle out of your distributer would be appreciated.

Steve

Jimmy,
    Thanks for taking the time to send and post this info. Keep us posted on the build as I know a few of us are mire than a little intrigued.
    -Anerew

Sounds like the stuff I used, which came from a wholesale AC supply warehouse. Saved a bunch. Got spiral pipe there too.

Rick Potter

Just remember that HVAC wyes are "backwards" from dust collection wyes. You may need to do some re-engineering to turn them around for DC use if they are selling you HVAC wyes.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...