Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodpecker PRL Backorder

Woodpecker PRL Backorder

Just curious if any SMCers are having the backorder blues? Woodpecker had a deal going back in December on their PRL 1 for $199. At that time they said it is a 4 week backorder. Then in January they said it is on backorder until 2/21. Then today they said it is on backorder until 3/31. I'm staring at a big hole in my router table and looking to commiserate. Is there a good alternative out there you can recommend?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kevin Davis
    Carmel Group

PRLV2 or the Sidewinder are both great depending on what method of adjustment you want. I believe the original PRL was discontinued--maybe they are thinking of doing one last run?

Oops.............................................. .................................................. ................. Ignore this
    Last edited by Andrew Pitonyak; 02-23-2011 at 2:27 PM.

Well, if you are mad at Woodpecker, have a look at their competition which I would list as Jessem or Bench Dog(now owned by Rockler?).
    http://www.jessem.com/
    Bench Dog [check that the size matches your cutout]
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=19517

If you aren't mad at Woodpecker, have a look at lifts I believe they "rebadge" for other companies. The incra has magnetic insert plates, and I think the Kreg has different leveling screws.
    http://www.incra.com/product_rta_prlv2.htm
    http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/202...uick-Lift.aspx
    http://www.kregtool.com/Precision-Ro...-Prodview.html

Finally, have you asked Woodpecker if they will give you a similar discount on a different lift which is ready to ship?

Thanks for the suggestions. Not mad, just an expecting mother looking for plan B's.
    Carmel Group

Mine took 13wks.

But when it arrived .... oh ... it's so, so sweet

When I was ready to buy my PRL-V2 there was a small lead time. I ended up with the Pinnacle version from Woodcraft. Same unit in stock and $20 less.

Kevin,

I have a PRL.
    It's worth the wait.

John

I was lucky and ordered early on in the closeout, got mine within a week. I know a lot of guys are waiting, there have been a couple of threads here and on other forums, you may want to search.

PRL-V2 from Incra. Best of all worlds - the Incra magnetic rings are IMHO far superior to the plastic twist-lock rings. $299 at Incra, minus 10% if you're a first time shopper at the Incra store. Not THAT much more than what you're paying for the V1 except it has the improvements of the V2...

Blog Entries
    Hate to add to the misery but I have had mine for several weeks now. I don't recall when it actually showed but it was within a day or so one way or the other of what was stated. It will be worth the wait. This is actually my second unit. I just couldn't stand the thought of not being able to get another one. I have the full set of aluminum rings from my first unit plus a few extras so I'm good there. I grabbed a second Mil 5625 around the same time on a Christmas sale since I have been so pleased with the original setup I've been running. So far the plan is that as soon as I get caught up I will build the new set into my outfeed table.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    PRL-V2 from Incra. Best of all worlds - the Incra magnetic rings are IMHO far superior to the plastic twist-lock rings. $299 at Incra, minus 10% if you're a first time shopper at the Incra store. Not THAT much more than what you're paying for the V1 except it has the improvements of the V2...
    I think the key here is the $199 price for the PRL. I have both and slightly prefer the V2 but for over $100 savings the PRL is a no brainer. Had the PRL in question been sold for its normal price then it would make a lot of sense to call and switch the order to a V2, in this case the V2 is over 60% more money.

Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat as you Kevin.

Ordered mine in January.

I think I'll call them tomorrow and ask what the status is.

PHM

Blog Entries
    Well I spoke with Woodpecker today.

I havent seen it but I'm understanding an email went out today to the people with a PRL on order advising the PRL's wont be available until after March 17, 2011.

And they are offering to sell those that have PRL's on order a PRL-V2 for $299 if you dont want to or cant wait for the PRL.

I'm thinking it over. I'd say I'm 50/50. Worst case scenario here is though we had a bit of a wait we will get a really sharp price on one lift or the other.

I've heard of really good people at Woodpecker and it does seem to be a fact.

PHM

Hi Paul,

I took Victor's advice and went with the Incra-Woodpecker V-2, used the first time buyer 10% discount(code is WTEN) off the price of $299 so it was about a $70 difference. They had my Porter Cable version instock and I should have it in 5 days. Some added features to Incra and the V-2, not sure if it is $70 of bells and whistles but I just wanted to be done and start using my router table. http://www.incra.com/product_rta_prlv2.htm
    Carmel Group