Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodpecker PRL Backorder

I orederd mine Dec 7th and was told iot would ship mid Jauary. Then I received and Email it would not be available till Feb 22nd. I recieved an email today that it shipped today. I've tried not to think about it and be pleasantly suprised whenj it shows up. I forgot exactly what the unit is called, buit is was on sale for $199 and was highly recommended by several creakers. Can't wait to play with it.

Blog Entries
    Kevin, It sounds like you did fine going with Incra. I have a couple of their squares and one of their miter gauges and I like all of it a lot.

Alan, Glad to hear yours is on the way.

I'm leaning towards waiting another month for the PRL but there is part of me that wants to go ahead and go to the PRL-V2 for another $100. I'm right on the bubble.

PHM

I also called today. I had an email earlier that said mine (Milwaukee 5625 style) would be shipped on 2/21/11. They told me it would now be shipped after 3/17/2011. They did offer to sell the newer model less $40. I countered with the $199 plus $40. Just in case you are wondering they politely refused. I have not received they email that was suppose to be coming either.

Dick
    Dick Phillip
    Riverton, WY

Hang in there. I too received a notice that my PRL would ship on 2/21/11. It arrived last Friday the 18th. I haven't got to installing it yet but the quality seems very good and worth the wait for the price. Not quite sure but I think I ordered it in December.

ordered jan. 26 no email yet.thinking about v2.went on carbide processors sight entered creekers it came up with 10 percent off.i thought over 100 the discount was 15 percent.any body know if different code is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Phillip View Post
    I also called today. I had an email earlier that said mine (Milwaukee 5625 style) would be shipped on 2/21/11. They told me it would now be shipped after 3/17/2011. They did offer to sell the newer model less $40. I countered with the $199 plus $40. Just in case you are wondering they politely refused. I have not received they email that was suppose to be coming either.

Dick
    It has been pointed out to me that a proof-read would have been in order. Please replace the "they email" with "the email". It might make reading it a little easier.
    Dick Phillip
    Riverton, WY

received an email today from woodpeckers.will not ship until the week of april 8.no 40 dollar off deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    PRL-V2 from Incra. Best of all worlds - the Incra magnetic rings are IMHO far superior to the plastic twist-lock rings. $299 at Incra, minus 10% if you're a first time shopper at the Incra store. Not THAT much more than what you're paying for the V1 except it has the improvements of the V2...
    I'm also a PRL waiting list sitter and I'm going to go for the INCRA. How do you get the new customer discount?

edit: Never mind. I read the whole thread and found the code in Kevin's post. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mark Nevar; 03-01-2011 at 10:20 AM.

anyone receive their prl lately.i was told april 8 .i ordered on jan 26.

Blog Entries
    I havent received mine yet. I was emailed in February it would ship the week of March 24.

I dont think it's shipped yet as Woodpecker usually emails you when an order has shipped.
    If there is another delay I dont think I'll wait any longer. Either do the PRL-2 or something else.

Mine was originally ordered January 6.

PHM

I went online to check the status of my order, and it seems that things are picking up for them and they simply cannot keep up with the orders. I have been waiting for my order so that I can finish assembling my router table fence the way I want it.

I waited a long time to receive my Jessem router lift, and wow, I think that it was worth the wait. Never did use my woodpecker router plate, may eventually put it up here since it is simply collecting dust so to speak. Luckily for me, the woodpecker router plate is the same size as the Jessem (so they fit in the same hole)... I only wish that my woodpecker inserts worked on both.
    Last edited by Andrew Pitonyak; 03-24-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Clarify

Blog Entries
    An update. Received another email from Woodpecker advising me that the PRL I ordered would not be shipped before May 1.

These emails have become routine and at this point what I'm expecting in May is an email stating the PRL wont ship before June 1. This latest email was also worded a little different than the rest of them with a suggestion that if I was tired of waiting I could cancel my order at any time. Canceling the order seemed to be their preference rather than them providing the lift. For the record this email was a form letter and not written specifically for me. I have not written or said a negative word about Woodpecker. If they dont want to provide the lift it is not because I've been a problem to them in any way.

For those of you that decided to not wait and buy something else instead I think you were right and I'm going to join your ranks on Monday (after I call Woodpecker).

I think Woodpecker has excellent quality tools and I heard that their customer service was supposed to be really good also. I dont think much of their service in this case. In all fairness, I dont agree with the practice of them offering a razor sharp price on that lift and then not be able to deliver the product in a reasonable lead time.

PHM

Paul-

I waited, AND .... waited through more than a couple of additional notices of greater delay ... just like you describe.

For ME, I thought it was a fairly "decent" thing for Woodpecker to be honest enough to say, in effect, we're not holding you TO this order, if you want out.

If it were me, though, I would change this part of their website:

Orders for the original PRL will ship approximately two weeks from the date of your order.
    By now, they should have PLENTY of information to change that to a TRUE average waiting time -- whether that's SIX weeks, THIRTEEN weeks, or "seemingly, a lifetime."

They'd have fewer unhappy PRL buyers if they DID *fairly* manage the expectations appropriately, up front.

I wish you luck, whichever way you decide to go. My PRL (13wk wait) is just a gem of a thing -- beautifully made, and an absolute joy to use. I'm glad that I found the patience to wait it out, but ... surely understand those who choose not to.

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    This latest email was also worded a little different than the rest of them with a suggestion that if I was tired of waiting I could cancel my order at any time. Canceling the order seemed to be their preference rather than them providing the lift.
    I expect that they prefer that you not cancel the order, but for obvious reasons are mentioning that you are able to do so.

I believe that there was a drop in demand for the last year or so so they cut back on things. Well, people started buying lots and lots of their stuff so the need to restaff and gear-up for greater capacity, which takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    I think Woodpecker has excellent quality tools and I heard that their customer service was supposed to be really good also. I dont think much of their service in this case. In all fairness, I dont agree with the practice of them offering a razor sharp price on that lift and then not be able to deliver the product in a reasonable lead time.
    Annoying that they have such a long lead time, but, it took weeks when I ordered my Jessem Lift as well. Note that I LOVE my Jessem Lift, but, if I was placing the order now, I might choose to go with Woodpecker.

Blog Entries
    I talked to Woodpecker last Monday. They told me they had the material to build my lift. They built it and shipped it on Monday. Received it today. I'm happy it's here.

If there are any of you still waiting good luck with it. It was a great price on a highly regarded lift.

PHM
    Attached Images Attached Images