Thread: New Video: Making a wooden tailstock cone centre

New Video: Making a wooden tailstock cone centre

Hi:
    I have had my Oneway tail center for so long I sometimes forget that not everyone has a cone center for their tailstock. I had a few comments after I used my cone center on a couple of my latest videos, so I made this one showing how to make a cone shaped wooden sleeve to slip over your existing tailstock live center when you want to support a piece that has a hole bored in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqZRDdkmkk

Take care
    Bob

Bob, another revealing video from the George Lucas of The North. Your vids have come a long way in the past few years. But the background view of your shop floor, etc. hasn't changed much.

I have the Oneway tail center set, but sometimes wish it were a little bigger. Now I know how.

I really enjoy your videos. You are a good teacher, easy to listen to.
    Deane
    Originality is the art of concealing your source.
    Franklin P. Jones
    Comments & criticism on postings welcomed.

Thanks Bob - Great video. I have often thought of making one of these and now I know how. Thanks for sharing.

I really enjoy your videos, Bob. I learn something every time I watch one. Thanks for taking the time to share.

I enjoyed the video Bob. Thanks for sharing.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Excellent Bob! Thanks.......Ron
    A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

Great video. I have the oneway cone center but an even larger one would be helpful in finishing a couple of vases I have roughed out. Thanks for posting.

Good video, Bob. I appreciate you taking the time to put it together.

Thanks for taking the time to make these videos Bob, they are always very helpful! I made a couple of these a while ago for my live center, I used a "1 1/2 forstner bit to bore the hole and it fit perfectly for the one I have so I got off easy without having to bore it by hand.

Bob,
    Thanks for posting the video!

I made one several years ago and decided that I wanted it to be versatile...so I hollowed out the interior to fit snugly over my Delta livecenter and put a shoulder on it so it mounts in my 4 jaw chuck for the headstock side of things. I mount it in Stronghold chuck and snug up the tailstock (for things like HFs) when I want to turn off the foot to finish a piece.