Thread: 5" DC hose - where to find quick connect?

5" DC hose - where to find quick connect?

Hi folks,

I have the new Oneida Dust Gorilla Portable (2hp). It has a 6" port. So, I use an adapter to permanently connect 5" hose (I know, I should use 6", but 5" is what I've got).

I work out of a shed, where I roll the machines outside when I need to use them, so everything I have is portable or on wheels. No permanent hose connections like youguyswith fancy shops

Each of my machines have different size ports (120mm, 2.5", or 4"), so, I've adapted them to the 5" hose. But I'd like to be able to quickly connect the hose to the machines and disconnect without using hose clamps. I've seen the Rockler system, but it's for 4" hose.

Are there 5" solutions? How do you quickly disconnect/connect our hose between machines?

Probably not the "best" option, but the only one I've found (which makes it the "best" for me ).

A Femco 4" rubber CI/Plastic to CI/Plastic connector will just fit INSIDE a 5" connector and also a 5" flex (find it in the plumbing aisle of your nearest big box - the connector is a short tube of rubber made for connecting two 4" plastic pipes - fits the OD of the pipe which is closer to 4.72", I think the part # is 1056-44 but don't quote me..).

It also just fits snugly around a 120mm connector (which is what a lot of euro machines have..)

Felder sells plastic 120mm quick disconnects that fit perfectly inside of 5" hose, only problem is that they are not cheap, and cost about $16 a piece if I remember correctly. You can check them out on the Felder website.

Brian