Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: "old money"

thanks ......no, no problem.....there are no whole bills and they are wood and.....and this is the big AND.....they are not as accurate as you think. if you really look closely they are little paintings of money with lots of "artistic license". i mix a lot of each background color before i start so color matching is never a problem . then i can rework any line till i'm happy with it.....or just paint over a whole section and start over. it's the opposite of carving where every move removes wood permanently.

I can't comment on how accurate your work is but your detail is incredible. I continue to follow this thread and think this is the coolest woodworking I have ever seen. I only wish I had that much "real" money, I would commission you. Alas, I'll just have to enjoy your work here. Thanks again for posting.

box for the box

little piece for a charity auction.....

Truly amazing work!!!!! You even have the worn texture of the money carved in. And,the painting is incredible. That matchbox should have brought thousands.
    Last edited by george wilson; 07-07-2014 at 8:09 AM.

thanks george. i have no idea what's going on here but 100 thousand "views" in less that a week...yikes!!

ok...been awhile. lots of really fun surf days this summer but i still managed to get this started. pretty sure no explanation is necessary.

a fun commission for a fishing buddy from louisiana. working on both pieces as once. always curious if anyone still gets this far into the thread. anyone still here on page 20?

Last edited by randall rosenthal; 10-01-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Vision and talent. Amazing Randall, simply amazing.

Still here Randall, I'll keep looking as long as you keep posting (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here)!

As always your attention to detail is mind boggling and I think I pickup a little something everytime I look at one of your posts again.

Yep, still checking back periodically. Love the stuff you do.

Can't get enough of this stuff Randall!!!
    BTW: this goofy tree structure makes it a little hard to follow the posts; for me anyway. Maybe a new thread for the next one?

I'm Still Here.

Quote Originally Posted by randall rosenthal View Post
    a fun commission for a fishing buddy from louisiana. working on both pieces as once. always curious if anyone still gets this far into the thread. anyone still here on page 20?

Hi Randall

I may not comment very often but I read every post that is made. I have it marked for daily notification. I'll still be here on page 30 and beyond.

Your latest piece looks nice and will be a challenge to carve out of one piece. Good luck making the chips fly.

Cheers

Don