Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: "old money"

Totally awesome, as always Randall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks james!

happy to be working on something other than money for a little while....

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    they assume the box is cardboard and have to be re-schooled.
    I'd agree the painting on the comic and money is incredible but somehow its the carboard that really does it for me. I think its the way the holes and wrinkles in it look "just right". Probably weird but I spend more time looking at that bit (and the intermediate stages) than the rest

thanks mel....i've said it before but for me one of the most challenging things is getting the color of the cardboard right. fortunately because it's old and somewhat beat up mistakes can be incorporated into the final sculpture.

Randall, your creations are just the coolest things going IMO. If I had more expendable income I would commission you for something. Very very much in love with your work. Keep sharing with us please.

thanks rick.... a sculpture for a friend in louisiana.

Excellent! I've forgotten to visit this thread since mid October, and it's always super fantastic to come here and see a few new items. My eyes never get tired of it.

thanks david...here's a different view....kinda like the swivel....fun to carve.

and away we go....box of asian money....

You know... These are simply amazing.

Even if I could somehow develop carving skills approaching yours (Which I never see happening), I absolutely could never become artistic enough to paint the currency, comic books, or whatever, regardless of how many years I practiced. I just don't have that much artistic expression inside this aging body.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

11. Randall, have you ever added a coin somewhere in the box?

thanks stew. the truth is i don't have the physical skill i once had...i'm 67. but i try and make up for it with tenacity.

charles....no... but the idea has crossed my mind.

Randall - I like playing with wood (boxes, small furniture, no carving). Mostly what I make is a mess that I have to sweep out of the garage. Ignoring your art skills with the paint and ink (which are so far beyond my imagination that I can only say you possess some crazy magic), the images of you uncovering the objects in the wood are some of the most inspiring images I have seen in ages. While my skills are pedestrian, the process of creating something is still pleasing to me. The images you have shared are motivation to stay at it.

thanks john...that means a lot to me. my main motivation hasn't changed since i was 4 years old but every artist likes to hear that their work affected someone in some way.

commission....canadian money.