Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: "old money"

Really excellent, it never gets old. As far as inspiration goes, I can't think of anything better than to see such fine work.

image hosting sites

i didnt like the darks so i repainted them all. here's the finished product. thanks david......i appreciate the continued interest.

For at least the 5th time, I've reread this thread from the beginning. It's fun to follow, but it's educational to reread. This is beautiful, extraordinary, masterfully done work, Randall. Thanks so much for sharing the processes, answering questions and involving the rest of us in such an artistic endeavor.
    Doug

thanks doug.

believe it or not i just reread it for the first time. i'm extremely gratified to be able to do this. its one thing to have an audience and quite a bit more to be able to interact. it really is an amazing world we live in.

Spectacular.

I'd love to just sit in the corner and watch you create.

If that isn't "art", then what is?

Bravo.

thanks george.....i guess the whole idea of this thread is to let folks kinda do just that.

i haven't posted for awhile because i'm working on the envelope of canadian money. by far the most difficult painting i have ever done. mylar, holograms and a zillion little lines. i'll post it when its finished. imagine spending 3 days painting a strip one eight inch by four inches.......and its not done.

Old money - Canadian style

Quote Originally Posted by randall rosenthal View Post
    i haven't posted for awhile because i'm working on the envelope of canadian money. by far the most difficult painting i have ever done. mylar, holograms and a zillion little lines. i'll post it when its finished. imagine spending 3 days painting a strip one eight inch by four inches.......and its not done.
    Randal

I have just looked at one each of the newest $10, $20 and $50 bills. The sheer number of lines, crosshatching, small hidden symbols, multiple colours and different shades of each and the holograms. I imagine that most of your paint brushes consist of 1 hair and the paint must be very thin in order to get all that fine detail.

You are an amazing artist and I await your finished creation knowing that it will be unbelievable.

Cheers

Don

thanks don.....mostly what i do is paint the lines as thin as i can and then repaint the background to thin the lines. repeat as necessary. i actually got the hologram on the 50 to work. i'll explain later.

ok....far from finished but finished enough to "show and tell". you cant see it in the photo but the portrait on the fifty (little one in the silver) appears and disappears as you move your head from side to side.

another view...close up/

If I just saw your finished work I wouldn't believe it was done like you do it. Incredible. I have revisited this thread many times and am just as impressed each time as the very first. I show it to people who visit and they are astounded at the process and quality. Thanks for posting here. Very enjoyable.

Old money - Canadian style

Randall

That is incredible. I just dug out one of our new $50's and compared them with your work. The way you have that hologram is unreal. Truly an artist with a ton of patience.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Don

thanks rick and don....from various angles the face disappears entirely. it doesn't work like a hologram....its just glare.....but it works. still quite a ways to go to get it all as right as i like.