Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: "old money"

anyone reading this far into the thread?

I think there are a lot of us reading! Just too stunned to comment. Unbelievable!!! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    I think there are a lot of us reading! Just too stunned to comment. Unbelievable!!! Thank you.
    What are we going to say? Hey, neat? Good job? LOL. One of those rare people who's work speaks for itself

thanks james and john....so many people look at the thread i was honestly wondering if anyone got this far except folks that have been here all along. i thought showing how controlled accident plays a major role in the carving process might get some conversation going. frankly.......it's just more fun for me. i don't need anymore pats on the head but wouldn't mind actually talking about the process. but i'll continue on regardless.

Hi Randal

I'm still here. I love watching those crisp new bills trying to fall out of the box.

Cheers

Don

don...as to the bills. i carve them larger than real life so i don't have to fit the painting exactly on them. i paint the bill on then carve to it. that way it fits exactly and i get another layer of detail. the whole thing is imaginary as stacked bills are generally much neater than my sculpture.....but thats kinda the point.

I'm speechless. I should've at least said "many thanks for taking the time to documetn this. your work is beliveable. How you get there is unbeliveable.
    Gary

thanks gary....i hope people get this process. nothing is planned out, measured, copied ...it just kinda happens from reforming the perception of what is minute by minute. thats why i try to always leave room to move. of course mistakes are constantly made. fixing them or dealing with them in a fluid manner is what its all about. starting to rough in the corrugation. looks kinda cool when its at this stage.

I'm still watching! Love the corrugation.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Randall

amazing stuff combining multiple talents. Don't know if these have been asked but do you create strictly from the minds eye or do you ever make sketches? The money theme is really original i like it a lot,do you or have you done other themes?

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Lee; 03-12-2014 at 11:07 PM.

thanks dan....if you look through the thread or google my name you'll see that my work is about paper objects so i've done many other subjects....yellow pads, newspapers, books, charts etc etc. i almost never make sketches but on occasion i will make an assemblage of the real thing as a starting point. it never ends up being an exact likeness however. i try to observe small visual clues and incorporate them in the sculpture. this is what makes an object thats not nearly as life like as it seems to trigger the response in the viewer....that it is.

the work is neat and precise.....my shop isn't!