Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: "old money"

thanks....it helps if i think folks are still looking . i know by the hit counter that lots of people look at page one but this has turned into a short novel. thanks again to anyone who gets this far! a word about tenacity. painting the money has turned into a rare total fiasco. sand it off and try again.................

Still watching here, too!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I guarantee there's more people watching than posting You bet I'm still here watching!

I'm watching too, sorry I just can't help it!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

5. Wouldn't miss the next post. Love watching progression of the projects. Would love to see one in person someday.

thanks for the feedback. this really only works as a conversation. meanwhile....moving right along.

Quote Originally Posted by randall rosenthal View Post
    thanks....it helps if i think folks are still looking . i know by the hit counter that lots of people look at page one but this has turned into a short novel. thanks again to anyone who gets this far! a word about tenacity. painting the money has turned into a rare total fiasco. sand it off and try again.................
    Bummer!! That's a bummer! (as Jeffrey Lebowski would say).

Looks like it ended well, though.

Holy cow Randal! I'm just (tenaciously) catching up with this thread and clearly this is a clever counterfeiting operation you have going on. That's some mighty fine work there. Thanks for showing us what's possible and coming back to update. Have you ever tried comic books?

Doug

david....yep...just started over.

doug...a few...

Last edited by randall rosenthal; 10-16-2014 at 9:28 PM.

Randall

Quick, lock the doors. Someone stole the money and replaced it with comic books.

It is nice to see some of the other thing that you have painted.

Cheers

Don

Those comics are neat-o! (Sorry, it seemed appropriate... ?) They are cool. You really capture the curves well. Briefcase full of cash?

each of the comic book sculptures has a story. i "borrowed" the archie cover from stan goldberg who did the original. he liked the sculpture so much he gave me his original drawing. he was a wonderful artist and a fine man. the wonder woman was done at the behest of a gallery owner who figured women loved wonder woman and it would be an easy sell. it was....it sold in 15 minutes....to an extremely macho guy......hunter, off shoe fisherman, motorcycle racer. the comic featured in the box recently sold for 3.2 million. the sculpture....not so much!

started this last april and finally getting sorta close to the end(for now)

I'm glad that we have the post count to show that though we are running out of new things to say,the apeal does not dim.
    When I refer the photos to friends ,they first think its real, and after being told the money is carved wood, they assume
    the box is cardboard and have to be re-schooled.

thanks mel.....i'd be lying if i said i didn't follow the look count.

here it is ready to ship.....the case is NOT carved.