Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: "old money"

Allan....thanks. well i often joke i'm better than a forger because i only do part of each bill and get way more than face value. on a more serious note... like all the newsprint i do the money "paintings" take a lot of artistic license and lose a bit of their realism when an actual bill is held next to them. my art is all about believing first and then being unable to unbelieve. there's a lot of "if it looks right to me it's right enough".

still working away.....here's "hush money 32". still learning. i think this is the last of these for quite awhile. want to do an asian newspaper.

Beautiful work as always Randall. I can't imagine creating an Asian newspaper at your level of artistry.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

little test piece....working on a slightly larger one

Thanks for the update, Randall. We have a contractor here re-doing our bathroom (I'm helping) and I just showed him your work the other day. Obviously he was very impressed.

6. Hi Randall, do you use white pine exclusively for the carvings? If so, why not other wood like basswood or poplar. Just curious.

hi charles....i use bass wood also. white pine is my medium of choice because i like the way paint sits on it the best. it looks the most like paper and not painted wood.

new piece.....took most of the winter!

Stunning work once again Randall. I would say as-per-usual but there is nothing per-usual about your work

You're definitely going deeper on this one, all those layers and holes must have been fun to paint down inside of

The depth and transparency on the painting on the slides is .. astounding!

I would also dare add that your rubber bands are getting even more realistic.

WOW!!!!
    This is another fantastic piece of art.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

thanks!! a lot of time on a small piece.

been awhile....just doing a long series of yellow pads but now working on an interesting commission that has some personal meaning for me....photos when there's something worth seeing.

Lookin' forward to the pics!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Just went through the whole thread. I had no idea it was here and has been chugging along for 5ish years! I don't think I can say anymore than anyone else has except: Stupendous and Keep It Coming!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Not sure how you missed it, Chris, but glad you found it now. I keep checking back hoping to see something new. Great to hear that there will be just that in the near future. Still maybe the finest marriage of artistry and craftsmanship that I have found. Keep it going, Randall!