Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: "old money"

Quote Originally Posted by randall rosenthal View Post
    brian....i use a "micron" brand pen. its a very fine marker filled with archival ink.....unlike sharpies and the like with "permanent" ink thats good for two years and then fades away to nothing. lesson learned the hard way. i really don't try and make the printing look like newsprint.....just the right shape and scale is enough to fool the eye from a short distance. up close its obvious that its hand written.....and thats the point.
    That is very exciting. My eye expects a "Times" font and that is what I saw.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

funny how that works brian. i discovered it by accident.

OK....my computer ineptitude is showing. i can only access the first 3 pages of this thread or the last post.

help!

Quote Originally Posted by randall rosenthal View Post
    30,000 looks!!.....OK i am both honored and mystified. where do the hits come from?

but wherever...thank you. this internet thing is pretty cool!

One thing that is helping it is on pinterest.com now. I had showed my wife this thread last year and she just showed it to me on pinterest.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

thanks...i don't even know what that is but i'll have a look see.

latest piece..."hushmoney" 18. i have to do one with canadian money. it should be a challenge....its mylar and you can see through it and it has holograms.

Great, as always. I guess you could do this money thing in your sleep now so you need the challenge of the Canadian money, looking forward to seeing it.
    Richard

thanks richard....i'm trying to get some old style canadian money...a fifty and a one hundred. meanwhile i'm doing a pack of baseball....er... hockey cards.

new work...

Randall, I always love seeing this thread pop up, I know my eyes are in for a treat!

I still can't fathom how you do it!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

thanks bruce....heres a closer view. i really enjoyed painting this car....all brushwork, no airbrush.

Your work is incredible!!! Keep adding the new stuff, it never gets old looking at it!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I just can't get over the newspapers. Randall, you are truly an AMAZING talent. The money was wonder enough, but when I look at the two newspapers folded, I mean look really close, I STILL can't tell that those were hand-painted!! I and all the others love enjoying your art -- please keep it coming.

And, ... thank you.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

thanks jeff.....i've been working on a marilyn monroe wall calendar from the 50's. i'll post it when its done if it doesn't break any rules. its for a group show on nudes. the canada show is next week.....
    http://www.debellefeuille.com/photorealism/

magazine in turkey.....

Congrats on making the cover! I'm not surprised though, your work is incredible!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney