Thread: small gloat and praise for 3 hd employee's

small gloat and praise for 3 hd employee's

saw in a thread somewhere hd was closing out the ryobi oscillating sander for$49.i went to my local borg,they had the display model but none in stock.

i asked if i could buy the dispaly and was told no.ok can you check the computer for other stores in the area?a very nice older employee named vince said he would call the other stores because the computer system isn't always accurate.

called the first one about 5 miles away-same deal,called the next one about 10 miles away the tool corral manager said he had 3,but would do a visual look to make sure .yes he had 2 and would put one aside for me.

went to store no.2,mind you at the beginning of the blizzard we were hit with yesterday.got in the store and saw the next helpful hd employee.said i was looking for bernie the tool corral manager.

had him paged and he said it was put aside for me in the tool corral.got it home and i'm very pleased so far,i know ryobi gets bashed but for $49 i think i got alot of tool.

also hd gets it's share of bad press,but i ran into 3 of their better workers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice grab! For 49 bucks how can you go wrong? Maybe i'll take a trip my HD and see if i can pick up one.

I don't understand why HD/Lowes get such a bad rap. True, the do hire some poor employees from time to time but in general i get good service and solid advice from them.

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

No flies on that!
    Herb
    Carrollton, Texas

Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abraham Lincoln

One of the mags did a review of that sander a while back. They gave it pretty good marks. if i'm not mistaken it was used in a classroom setting too. Ryobi is innovative in some respects. The stuff isn't usually too heavy duty but it has alot of ergonomic engineering. By the way does that sander take a standard size sanding tube. home depot is kind of on my way home from work....