Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anodized aluminum coin blanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Anderson View Post
    South Dakota ? East or West ? Maybe i can swing over and pick up a few at wholesale price...
    Check the JDS web page for address to the SD warehouse.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I am still searching for a custom coin company (stateside) to do blanks, I have talked with over 20 of them and they refuse to do blanks ???

One thing with Cermark, make sure the blanks aren't coated as that gives issues. They should send some samples out for you to try first.

Custom poker chips have come down in price, many are doing dye sub on FRP. Conde and JDS sell blanks for about $.40ea. The metal coins I do I get from NWT Mint $5ea, I do a dye sub inset that come out nice. I get $15ea. These are coated so Cermark doesn't work.

I have been trying to get a company like JDS interested in these coins, make them so standard 2" insets fit, time will tell.

More companies are realizing that challenge coins are a good market and coming up with poker chip styles, much cheaper than metal, quicker turns etc. Jesse, are the ones you are thinking of getting have reeded rims or die stamped edges? (search challenge coins for some ideas) If you decide to go ahead I recommend you get blanks that have an inset area of 2" in dia and deep enough to fit mylars that trophy suppliers sell. There are thousands of those out there.
    Last edited by Martin Boekers; 03-05-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I decided to go with steel. With a ridge. Then finished for days in a drum polisher. Kind like they do bullet shells. I asked for a very high polish. Scratch resistant. Getting a few sample's made up.. He said he would ship them out. I should be getting them by the 13-14th of this month. After i get the pieces he is going to give me a price roll up for a few thousand pieces.
    To the people who correct grammar to prove a point

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."