Thread: A wake-up call for us all...only slightly OT

A wake-up call for us all...only slightly OT

To all

Last Friday the owner of a local cabinet shop was killed in an auto accident while delivering cabinets to Boise. His trailer started swaying on icy roads and he apparently over-corrected. One of his employees was injured as well. He had moved into our somewhat depressed economic area a few years ago and set up shop, employing 15 plus woodworkers and others. He was known for building very nice cabinets and was fair to his employees. There is now talk that the widow is considering closing down the whole operation. Very tragic.

My intent in posting this is to simply provide a warning to those who travel on slick roads during the winter.....go slower and get there to live another day.

And every time you hug your wife and kids, linger just a little longer just in case. Life can be cut short so easily.

Arnie

Sorry to hear that.

Why?

In the interest of strict adherence to the SMC policy, Ken has apparently moved this post to the OT forum. I thought posting this in the General Discussion forum would target as many folks as possible. thus possibly saving lives in the process.

My question is this: Why should something as relevant as this be moved to the OT forum?

I find that sometimes the rules need to be bent.

Just my 2 cents......and worth every penny.

Arnie

Arnie -

Many people review the Creek using the New Posts button found on the top of the page. That way all new posts (such as yours) get viewed. I rarely go to the individual forums unless looking for a specific post.

The caution to be extremely careful on icy roads is certainly a valid one. The boss here at work was involved in a T-bone over the weekend. (As the bone-ee vice the other way around.) Fortunately, the results were not tragic as in your example.

Regards,
    Ted

Here is the link to the story in the local paper........

http://www.bakercityherald.com/news/...?story_no=2748

Arnie