Thread: Spending time with an old friend

Blog Entries

Spending time with an old friend

Barkeeper's Friend, that is. I was staining a refinishing project a few days ago and when i finished I took the nitrile gloves off and when I laid them down they were partially on my TS top. Noticed them tonight and picked them up and, yep, they had started a small rust spot. Thank you Houston humidity. Anyway, a little time with BKF, elbow grease and fresh coat of wax and we're OK. Still a discoloration but it will serve as a reminder every time I go in the shop, especially since I have to walk right by that corner of the TS every time I go in.

Be warned, don't put anything on your TS top.

Blog Entries
    And if you EVER rip soggy PT lumber...

I paid movers to move my shop once. It was in the summer and one of the guys dripped a single drop of sweat on my Unisaw top. Despite my best effort to get it out there is still a bit of a pit in that spot and I can still see it. Drives me nuts every time I see it.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields