Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First hollow form/urn

It came from your heart. So it's perfect.

You did very well with both the form and finish with this piece. The wood is lovely and the finial is well balanced by the form of the urn. No need to feel anything but pride with your work.
    I would like to send my sincere condolences as so many of this esteemed group have done. I made an urn for my father when he passed several years ago and considered it an honor that my work, which he was instrumental in fostering, is housing his remains.

Very sorry to hear about the mother-in-law, and you, sir, have been given quite the honor. To be recognized among family to prepare such a piece for such a holy occasion...well, what a complement. It's a beautiful form I think. And the top/finial, I think, is perfect for the piece. The whole thing looks like a very nice form. And, last but not least, great creativity there to create it the way you did!

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. The urn looks very nice.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

If the urn is to be placed in a columbarium or niche at a cemetery, you may want to check with the cemetery to make sure the urn will fit. When I made an urn for a relative, I talked to the cemetery about this and they were happy to supply me with dimensions.