Thread: Solicitations to buy or sell

Solicitations to buy or sell

Recently there has been a spate of members offering to sell a tool or solicitations of "wanted to buy". These are not allowed by the SMC TOS (Terms of Service), nor are continuing conversations/negotiations. So far I've been pretty lenient, but I can't allow this to continue. If you are Contributor, list your non-commercial item in the Sawmill Creek Classifieds. If your status is Member, you can not post there, but you can upgrade your status to contributor by donating $6 per year to the Creek. As always, we do allow you to mention items you sell in answer to a direct questions and as part of a technical discussion.

If someone is posting that they need a particular type of tool and you have one, it is perfectly OK to PM the person asking the question. As always, solicitations by commercial entities will be immediately deleted. Repeated infractions place your posting priveleges in jeopardy and can get you relegated to Guest status. I ask that you make my highly paid moderator job easier by following the rules. I would also ask anyone who has not yet done so, to read the Terms of Service. They are accessible on the bottom right hand corner of every page on the Creek.

Thanks in advance for the cooperation folks.
    Last edited by Dave Anderson NH; 03-17-2011 at 4:17 PM.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Is it acceptable to ask what a reasonable price to list a tool for?
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 03-24-2011 at 1:53 AM.

West of Boston East of worcester north of RI South of nashua
    Sorry Dave I'm confused - so WTB posts are not allowed in the Classifieds or just not in the discussions portions of this forum or both?
    Andy
    Keep Life Simple

Andy, the Classifieds is the proper place for WTB posts. WTB posts placed in any of the other forums will be moved to the Classifieds forum if the poster is a Contributor. If the poster is not a Contributor it will be deleted.

Allen, the same rules above apply to "what's it worth" threads.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Dave

Here is a quick question. I have hand tools I will be selling at a garage sale. I would rather they went to woodworkers who would appreciate them and really use them. I cn not post mention of the garage (or the pre garage sales for serious wood workers). I also could not get a phone number. I am new to this site and I would like to remin on good terms with the management?

Dave Van Ess

Dave Van Ess,

Just donate $6 or more and you can place as many ads as you wish (as long as tool selling is not your business) in the classified section. The "Donate" button is on the top middle of every page. There are several ways to donate by PayPal and way down at the bottom if you don't have paypal they have this address to donate by check:

Make checks out to:

SawmillCreek Woodworker's Forums
    8770 Little England Road
    Hayes, VA 23072

Where it says member now under you name it will change to Contributor. This is my first time here in a few months and I will be getting my donation in shortly. Ads here are the cheapest legitimate, well moderated and targeted classifieds in the world.

Hope this helps and WELCOME TO THE CREEK!

Did I miss anythig Dave Anderson or Bruce???? I miss this place.
    Last edited by Charles McKinley; 11-09-2011 at 9:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

That pretty much covers it Chuck. Thanks!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney