Thread: Working IN a pole barn

Smile Working IN a pole barn

007 (5).jpgA "bird's eye" view of my little world. Photo was taken from the loft area. The loft is a "Game room" with a storage space above it. What you see here is about half of the space I can work in. Question: how many toys,er, tools can you see? Another view, maybe?004 - Copy (3).jpgThis is looking east, the wall there is the Game room's. The bench along the wall houses mainly tools, and such. There is a CMS down at the end, and a homemade router table closest to the tablesaw/assembly table. Like the old tool box? Well, just a look into my little world.

The proper answer is , NOT ENOUGH TOOLS!!!
    If you ain't Cheatin', You ain't tryin'...

"If A equals success, then the formula is, A = X + Y + Z, Where X is work, Y is play, And Z is keep your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein.

Ah, but there is enough in this shop. There are TWO bandsaws sitting there, plus a lathe. Not in the pictures, a 6" Craftsman Jointer, a kiln for pottery, a welder, and another tablesaw. Lots of hand tools sitting around, and a nice selection of corded tools. Three routers, no less. Another good point, there is a mini-fridge in the game room, for those cold ones when I'm done working.

Well, for starters, looks like you've added on to an older, better built craftsman t/s...maybe a Delta Planer, d/p, grinder, lots of hand tools...and the begginnings of a shaker end table?

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Ah, but there is enough in this shop.
    Still don't see enough clamps, if there really is such a thing
    Nice space! I have a hard time to even imagine woring in such an area. My shop is a little 10x12 shed I've crammed a whole lot of stuff into. My floor joists are saying too much stuff now.

Pottery kilns and woodshops usually don't mix well. I'm just sayin'... Wish I had that sort of space.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

The add-on is part of a "Frankensaw". Trunnion broke on the first saw, picked up a "parts saw" for the trunnion, and wound up using it's two wings, the motor (dual belts), and a few other parts. I now have three wings to the right, and one to the left. D-P is from H-F, $70. There is a Craftsman Jointer in the shop, about the same age as the saw. Yep, that is the base being glued up for a "simple Table" , The legs were tapered using just a hand plane. On the "north wall" there is a bank of shelves, holding most of the corded hand tools. And to think, there is still a whole half of a barn sitting empty....