Thread: PM66 & bandsaw value?

PM66 & bandsaw value?

I'd like some opinions on price/value for this combo.
    I'm considering a 1983 PM66 along with a 1982 Delta 14" bandsaw.

PM66: Came out of the seller's hardware store (he's since retired). Bisemeyer fence, non-original side table, top needs a good cleaning, overall looks like the condition is more from the envionment where a flat open space gets well-used than from extensive use of the saw as a saw. Tilt & blade riser are nice & smooth. 3hp 1-phase. No mobile base (i have one already) or outfeed table.

Bandsaw: Looks almost new. 3/4 hp. No riser block.

Thoughts on an appropriate value for the two? Individually or together.

Thanks,
    Dave

Check Craig's list around the country.

I see PM66 go for $800-$1600, and Delta 14" go from $200-$500. In good condition, I'd pay $1200 for both and think it was a decent deal.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

4. I would guess 200-250 for the band saw, and 500-700 for the table saw. It's kinda a wild guess without being able to see them.

Sal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    I see PM66 go for $800-$1600, and Delta 14" go from $200-$500. In good condition, I'd pay $1200 for both and think it was a decent deal.
    I was thinking in the same range for the Delta 14". Looks great, but then again it's a nice looking old saw without some of the modern creature comforts. I booked it in my head at $250

I was thinking a PM66 in lightly-used, great condition would be ~$1300. Is the work required to clean it up worth $100? more? I have a nice sheet of melamine, so making a new table would be simple.

Seller wants $1500 for both. I'm on the fence.

Seller motivation and buyer's fever set the price for used woodworking equipment. PM66s are usually in the $750 to $1500 range, depending on lots of factors. A gently-used "gold" 1983 PM66 from a hardware store should be a great saw. Same with the 14" bandsaw. But there are many, many more Delta 14s on the market than PM66s. $250-$300 for the wood-cutting bs would be a decent offer.

I would offer $1000 for both, and let the seller think about it.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

1,000 to 1,200 bucks for the pair (if in good shape) would be a fair deal.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    I would offer $1000 for both, and let the seller think about it.
    Yep.. with cash in hand when you make the offer. Green is gold.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?