Thread: DC solutions: TS + router table combo?

DC solutions: TS + router table combo?

Hi folks.

I'm looking for pictures/descriptions of DC routing to a cabinet saw w/ a router table installed in the right end of a 54" table. All configurations I can conceive of would either interfere with material feed through one machine or the other, or be underfoot when working at the router table. I would like to collect from both top and bottom of each machine. Floor feed from the left is not feasible - it's the main traffic pattern from outside through the shop (garage) to the house. The floor is concrete, so I can't go under it.

If anyone has this configuration or something similar, I'd love to see/hear how you solved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

FWIW, DC is 3hp cyclone, TS is PM 66, router table is Benchdog cast iron, and a Shark guard is planned.

Here's mine:

lh8rag6.jpg
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 03-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Not exactly what you were after but, A 6" main runs between the saw and the outfeed anad branches off to the lower collection points of the saw and the router table cabinet. The overarm guard hose swings from one to the other.

Overarm cable 006.jpg Overarm cable 005.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks guys - keep 'em coming!

Alan - if I'm interpreting what I see in the first photo correctly, doesn't the solid drop to the right seriously interfere with right hand feed on your router table?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Darrow View Post
    Thanks guys - keep 'em coming!

Alan - if I'm interpreting what I see in the first photo correctly, doesn't the solid drop to the right seriously interfere with right hand feed on your router table?
    It doesn't effect it one bit Bruce since I'm more comfortable using the router table from the front of the saw. It just seems natural that way plus I have the whole top of the saw to support any long pieces I might do.
    3-12-2011 001.jpg
    Last edited by Alan Bienlein; 03-25-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Hmmmmm.....

A light may have come on!