Thread: Norva Plastics Mid Atlantic User Group

Norva Plastics Mid Atlantic User Group

It's spring and its that time again for us all to get together.

So once again we'll be haveing or User Group fun at Norva Plastics ON 4-30-2011 @ 10am. http://norvaplastics.com/

Howard will be have several demo's of his equipment including but not limited too> his new 4x8 200 Watt KERN laser, new 5 axis Haus machine and several others. (and Yes James we'll be seeing 'that' machine in action too !!! LOL !!! If he ever get it out of the box !! )

Were working on some other exciting stuff for the event, but, stay tuned for those announcments.

And yes more than likely there will be Plastic play packs' as Howard calls them, for people to take home and try out.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

2. Sounds like a great time. What's it take to be a member of the User Group? Secret handshake? Hefty dues?

Sporadic lurker and rare poster here. I'm a model builder/engraver over in Newport News. I have a 20 x 36 GCC laser, only a 35 watter, and I'm looking to add a small CNC router in the next month or so.

It's been a while since I visited Norva Plastics but it sounds like it would definitely be worth the trip.

I'd appreciate some info.

Thanks!

Sotos

New to CNC. Plan to be there april 30. A. edwards.

What's the details on this? Do we sign up some where? Or just show?

Shane

5. Lacking definitive answers, I gave them a call and was told that there is a "meeting" planned. All you have to do is show up. See y'all there.

HTH,

Sotos

This is a golden opportunity to visit Norva Plastics and meet Howard folks. I plan to be there tomorrow morning bright and early, hope to see a lot of you there.

Only Once a Year Do You Get This Opportunity

We had a great time Saturday at Norva Plastics, if you missed the event you missed an excellent opportunity to visit one of the more interesting places in our area. Howard Everton showed us his entire operation which is way more than sales of plastic materials, the fabrication side of Norva Plastics was something to see. Howard and his staff provide plastics fabrication, CNC machining, plastic welding and thermal forming services to a long list of customers all over the country.

The picture below is the PVC material that I was able to bring home, everyone was given as much sheet material as they wanted for free as a bonus for attending the event. In addition Howard is sponsoring a design competition offering $100.00 to the person who comes up with the most innovative use of their PVC material.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Wow, what an eye opener!

As I mentioned to Howard, I had no idea of their fabrication capabilities, and right under my nose all this time. It was quite kind of him to open his doors to us and share the details of his operation.

A big Thank You to Angus for his post bringing this event to light, and to you Keith for your earlier post mentioning what an opportunity this was. I'm also glad I had the chance to chat with you a bit and learn a bit of Sawmill Creek's history. You just never know what's going on right around you.

Hope we get a chance to talk again soon.

In the meantime, I've got a CNC Router to build, can't wait to get it finished.

Sotos