Thread: Boxwood supply

Boxwood supply

Can anyone recommend a good supplier for boxwood.
    I want to make a handled wooden plow, so I will need a couple of pieces 2"+ x 6"+ x 14"+

I can only seem to find very small pieces (i.e. knife scales), but nothing larger...
    Thanks,
    Matthew

Check out http://www.octopus.com.tr/store/

I haven't ordered from them, but a couple of trusted woodworkers have. They're real, but you may have to buy a larger supply than you want.

Pam

Matthew,

Google "boxwood", or "European boxwood" to find some suppliers; I do know it's reported to be in limited supply, but that's normal for boxwood. Also, it doesn't grow very big; 2"x6" might be stretching what you can get, but it's not like I've tried to buy any lately. Good luck in your search.

Check out Righteous Woods. They are in Rowley MA.

The guy that runs the place is unique, but he generally has some good stuff.

It has been about 7 or 8 years since I have been there, but he used to sell 1/2 logs of boxwood(Buxus sempervirens).

I have also purchased 1/2 logs from A&M Wood in Canada.

When I bought my last couple of logs,about 5 years ago, it was about $15 a pound from A&M.

Good luck,

J.P.

Given your dimensional requirements, you are looking for Castello Boxwood in 8/4 lumber. A&m Wood Specialty has it when they can get it. Forget the half logs, knife scales and turning stock only!