Thread: New Grizzly 21" Bandsaw G0566

1. New Grizzly 21" Bandsaw G0566

Would anyone have this saw,, I know it is new, but curious to see if
    anyone has even perhaps seen it at Grizzly. Trying to shop this size,
    and at 3hp and those specs, looks like it could be a buy at $1595
    Thanks
    Larry

Did not see it initially on grizzly site, did a search on google and finally found it. Downloaded the manual. Looks like a real beast, you could also look at this model: http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emNumber=G0507 which is about 100 cheaper.
    From what I can tell, the guides are very similar to the carters that I retrofitted to my delta 18" saw. The table tilts via a rack and pinon affair. Has 2 four inch dust ports. Looks like a deal to me. Let us know if you get it.

3. LINK to grizz saw

The link to the saw is:
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G0566
    Looks like i make a trip to The Grizz Pa. location to look at and bring back,
    (maybe)

If you get it take some pix, if you don't get it take some pix, get the pix?

This saw also caught my interest, and I drove out to the Williamsport (PA) showroom to see it. Grizzly has a large display of bandsaws, but the G0566 was not one of them. ...and the sales people on the floor were of absolutely no help. They tried to be helpful, but they knew virtually nothing about their tools.

For some time Grizzly has had two lines of the larger bandsaws; a lighter one they call "heavy duty", and the other "super heavy duty". The lighter versions have some better features (i.e. dual dust ports, tension release, etc), but the frame has a little too much flex for me.

The new '0566 appears from the specs to be a ruggedized version of the "heavy duty" line. It's much heaver, and has a cast iron fence instead of aluminum.

I'm about ready to go for it, but I would sure like to see one first.

6. The williamsport store is where i would go also, sounds like
    a better call first,, to see if they have one,,
    how long ago where you there ,, and the saw wasnt..
    Larry

I was there between Christmas and New Year's. That could be the reason for the 'less than stellar' sales floor help. Maybe the regulars were on vacation.
    Bruce