Thread: End vise drawing ?

End vise drawing ?

I'm planning a scandinavian type workbench, and I've been looking for plans for an L-shape end vise...... found some drawings, but not quite satisfied yet.
    Anyone have links or other info..?

TIA

Yes - Scott Landis' The Workbench Book has a great set of drawings. The only reasons I went with a different design are that it was too complex for me as a 5 month woodworker and I did not understand how to use the bench for sawing. Now the design makes sense I saw how Frank Klausz saws.

http://www.amazon.com/Workbench-Book.../dp/1561582700
    $16.47 and feee shipping with a $25 order.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I am in the process of building one so let me chip in... I don't think there is a "one fits all" detailed drawing that would suit your exact configuration and dimensions. Your top core, front apron, the vise would be all different. I have looked at several and concluded that it is almost impossible to go by the plans.
    Take a look at this example here; http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...59#post1110159

Below is a sketch of my understanding of how it can be done. I made changes though. I eliminated the top cover and recessed the bottom rail to be flush with the bottom of the vise core. The vise I used is Woodcraft 17D02.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey-- Thanks indeed!
    That's just about what I was looking for! And the link is also useful....had't found that one ....