Thread: Anyone have a Woodtek jointer?

Anyone have a Woodtek jointer?

I 've been looking for a used PM 60 or DJ20 for quite a while; however, used USA made 8" jointers seem to disappear from area CL and auctions faster than I can react. I nearly pulled the trigger on a new Shop Fox a few months ago, but held off. This weekend, I picked up a Taiwanese made Woodtek 8" jointer built in 1998 at a good price, IMO . It looks like a PM 60 clone and seems to be in good condition except the knives need sharpening. Tables are co-planar, fence and tables are pretty flat, overall, not bad I hope. I know this brand is distributed by Woodworkers Supply and just wondered if anyone else has experience with this jointer or any other Woodtek equipment?

For years I had the 6 inch Woodtek jointer. It served me well for 10 years until I was able to afford a 12 replacement. I put the 6 inch on Craigslist and sold it for $100 less than I paid for it.
    Wood'N'Scout

I have been using a 6" Woodtek for years. it has served me well. Maybe next year I can get one of those new Jet Jointer/Planers...
    Charlie Jones

I've had a Gee Tech jointer, planer and shaper. All of these tools are great quality tools. Gee Tech private labels for companies like woodworkers supply, jet, powermatic to name a few companies. I have a couple of tools from woodworkers supply and the quality of my drum sander and edge sander are great. I have bought from woodworkers supply for many years and have always had great service from them. If you need parts for your machine you can call Eric up in Casper WY, he will gladly help you out.

Regards!
    Ed

Blog Entries
    I have a small WoodTek drill press I inherited from my Dad.. It's actually quite impressive. Nicely built, good tolerances, most of their equipment does seem to be a step up from the average taiwanese production. Have fun with your jointer, I'm sure with newly sharpened blades you'll do great work with it.

I bought a used 907-064 (8") with the spiral cutter head last year from a cabinet maker that was retiring. I've only had the chance to use it a few times but I do like it. It was wired for 110V (and that's the way they advertise it) but after checking out the motor I was pleasantly surprised to find it could be wired for 220V
    I also just purchased a WoodTek shaper that I got a heck of a deal on. Both machines do what they are suppose to and I have had no problems and no regrets.

+1 on what Ed said, great customer service from Woodworkers Supply and Eric!

Good luck with yours.
    Kerry

Blog Entries
    No direct experience but, Woodtek products have won some of the bake-offs over machine brands many are more familiar with. By many reports they are a solid line of machines.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler