Thread: Waxilit is a great product

Waxilit is a great product

Just finished cleaning glue on a project that I used Waxilit for the first time. What a great product!

Where do you find this stuff??

Thanks.

Pardon my ignorance but I just googled Waxilit and found out that it is a table lubricant. So I'm wondering what it has to do with cleaning glue?
    Thanks,

Tim

I assume he was using it to keep glue squeeze-out from sticking to a surrounding area.

+1 for the under-informed.... My Google is not working for some reason.

Wow, the stuff is pricey. Google working now. INteresting stuff.
    Last edited by Kyle Iwamoto; 10-03-2012 at 9:28 PM. Reason: Google works now

Quote Originally Posted by John A. Scott View Post
    Just finished cleaning glue on a project that I used Waxilit for the first time. What a great product!
    +1. It is easy to apply with a cheap acid brush, the texture is somewhere between Johnson's paste wax and feta cheese. It does an excellent job of preventing the glue from sticking. I've tried it with both PVC and Polyurethane glue, and it is equally effective. It cleans up well with mineral spirits, I've not had any finishing issues.

Lee Valley used to sell it in a small jar. For normal hobby use that jar was probably sufficient for 10+ years. It appears they don't carry it anymore.