Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Roubo Build

Beautiful bench and awesome detail on your journey. I see you're in Rochester as well, where about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Van Dolsen View Post
    Very nice sir. Is there a plan somewhere one could obtain? I could surely use three of four of theses benches in my hobby shop.
    Hiya Dean, yes, I'm still around the Creek, but less so in summertime. I was surprised to see this thread revived after so long!

I used the plans in the Christopher Schwarz book:

https://www.google.com/search?q=work...obile&ie=UTF-8

There were some minor dimensional modifications needed to fit the benchcrafted hardware: The wagon vise end has a longer overhang and the stretchers are either higher or lower to make room for the leg vise (I can't remember which).

Thanks for the kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by eric burns View Post
    Beautiful bench and awesome detail on your journey. I see you're in Rochester as well, where about?
    Thanks Eric! I'm in the Bushnell's Basin area. You around here somewhere too?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ian maybury View Post
    A really nice write up just the same (belated congrats Michael), and a triumph of maintaining standards through an unimaginable amount of hand work...
    Thanks Ian, yes it took a long time for sure. Speed is not really my thing I guess. I appreciate the kind words.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Peet View Post
    Thanks Eric! I'm in the Bushnell's Basin area. You around here somewhere too?

Mike
    Mike,
    I'm up in Gates by the Garden Factory.