Thread: Ridgidair et al.

Ridgidair et al.

Has anyone actually used any of the quick connect air systems so often referenced with compressed air plumbing? And if so, how about an honest evaluation with respect to ease of install, cost, performance, etc. I know the limitations of PVC, black iron, and the cost of copper; just interested in the quick connect/disconnect varieties.
    Thanks

I have used fittings from Reid Supply for over 4 decades now with good results.. We used them in our patternshop for years before that. I probably have close to 2 dozen around my woodshop and garage.
    http://www.reidsupply.com/Results.aspx?pid=10022252

We probably have upwards of 10,000 of them in use in our plant on production equipment, now they're generally being used on 1/8" or 1/4" lines with much lower volumes as they generally are providing air to clamp cylinders or blowoffs but they work very well. We generally stay away from the all plastic ones, but for our application they work as advertised. Don't have any experience on the ones for hose 1/2" and larger though.

I don’t remember where I bought mine from. I do remember getting fed up with the Borg quick connects always leaking and found some industrial quality fittings somewhere on line.
    I paid 2-3 times the Borg price but I haven’t had a leak since.
    I also replaced all of my Borg coil hoses with these: 35’ coil hose.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney