Thread: NEED MoaK Machinery & Fourge Co. INFO!!!!!!

Post NEED MoaK Machinery & Fourge Co. INFO!!!!!!

I have been asked by Keith Rucker who runs OWWM to be the Steward for the all the Moak Machinery , cataloging, Company information, the whole 9 yards and would appreciate your help guys, I could definitely use some more info, the more the better...

If you happen to run into, come across, or buy "ANY" Moak Machinery I really would appreciate any information that you may be able to attain- ie; dirty papers (original paperwork - or amended paper work certifying the serial # and possible date of production for the machine) Manuals, Manifest tags, Marketing material, newspaper adds/info - Anything to do with the Moak Machinery & Foundry Co. So "ANY" information that you can get to me would be greatly appreciated by me and all the OWWM enthusiast and owners. You will get credit for the information or can remain anonymous if you wish- but I believe in giving credit where credit is due...

Here are some pictures to reference: The MOAK tag was cast into the machinery so that is obvious, however,,, there may be machinery that was altered during a production year... or tag change/ Serial numbers.
    Yes,,, the serial numbers.... Those have been the main problem with this manufacturer apparently. The manufacturers and or "owners" of Moak Machinery did not always keep vigilant records which was not uncommon...with the exception of Oliver... Tannewtiz, Northfield, American- the rest of the manufacturers where not as vigilant with the records being archived which makes it difficult to get accurate information about the machinery or the company...

There are tags/stamp pictures to show you what to look for and pictures of the actual machinery and the characteristics seen visually. ie; The jointer's are a "3-toad" (legs) jointer, the C-frame and upper wheel trunnion have a specific design on the band saw, the shapers are all very similar in design with the face & motor locations, etc.etc..etc..... things to look for...

So if you see some ARN in your outings and can check it out - I sure would appreciate it guys...then I can start assembling the historical documentation.

Thank you very much.....

B,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bump..........