Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD Purebond Birch Plywood?

Jeremy, I've used the Depot's Pure Bond on a couple of projects and it was fine for what I needed. It was the same 5 ply, very thin veneer, no voids stuff you're looking at. It was cut splinter free using the Festool track saw and router. It's been a year and half that I have a couple of largish pieces sitting around and the stuff has stayed flat.

I recently used some of the Pure Bond Maple and I was impressed for it being from HD. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again. I didn't run into any voids or patches. The veneer is definitely thin, but if you break it down correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

-Chris

I have used 100s of sheets of birch. I stay away from HD. I have had there sheets seperate, since there veneer is so think I have had it peel off after cutting it , its never flat. Also sanding through is too easy, veneer is so thin sometimes you can see the darker core.
    I can get the same style of sheets from my supplier , I think c-2 for $33. Except there alot flatter. I used to use them for paint grade but even that there a pain due to splintering and the edge chip out.I stay away unless want them for toekicks. I dont build cheap as possible so thats factor I would consider in my decision. For an extra $100 for quality I wouldnt flinch and ease on my end as well.
    Good luck!

I bought 3 sheets of 3/4 inch and 3 sheets of 1/4 inch red oak. A very few minor splitters that disappeared under the finish. The back of the 1/4 inch was low grade but otherwise maybe one knot total and a couple of small voids, even after being all cut up.
    Bookshelves.jpg
    Staining.jpg