Thread: Second most expensive tool gloat

Second most expensive tool gloat

At Christmas time I joined the "what did you get for Christmas" thread, but under the tree was something "MiniMax" ...

That, was of course, just a substitute because the MiniMax CU410 elite didn't arrive untin January 3rd.

The machine with the 8 1/2 foot sliding table and outrigger (to hold a 10 foot sheet of plywood crossways) fills the two car garage. When the slider is all the way back it pushes the closet doors closed. When all the way forward it comes within an inch of the garage door. The outrigger comes off, so with no projects in process and no outrigger, I think my "studio" can still be called a one-car garage, but we haven't proven it yet.

The slider supports the saw (with separate scoring blade) and the shaper. The awesome (big) shaper hood bolts to the saw table and is rock solid, with spring steel "feather boards."

The other side of the machine includes a 16 inch (uh, 410 mm) jointer and planer, and a mortiser.

If this is second most expensive, what is the most expensive tool? The Odyssey minivan to pick up wood and deliver furniture costs twice as much as the combo machine! And won't last nearly as long.

Nice! I think that with all the time I spend moving my 12" cabinet say, 12" X 87" jointer and my 13" planer around having that monster in my 2.5 car/no car garage would make more sense.

That Mimimax sure looks comfy siting there and I'd say you look pretty happy next to it. I know you will love it. It takes a little time to get used to the slider and all it can do for you vs a standard table saw but you will find it much easier to use. Have fun
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Wow, a great gloat! So which gloat wins the garage space? As if I had to ask

Excellent gloat!

Definitely take time out to check out OdyClub.com. It's a great place to get all kinds of Odyssey info. Plus, I happen to own it.

My Odyssey stays outside while my toys get the 2 car garage.

Charlie, what year is your Odyssey? Hope you don't have one like mine, a 2001, which came with the faulty transmission as standard equipment. I was on transmission #3 before 50,000 miles.
    Sam/Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Chambers
    Charlie, what year is your Odyssey? Hope you don't have one like mine, a 2001, which came with the faulty transmission as standard equipment. I was on transmission #3 before 50,000 miles.
    Fortunately it is the 2002, with the standard larger engine, and no problems in 2 1/2 years. More fun to drive than our big 1999 Lexus, which is the ultimate irony.

I guess you were real good last year?

Mm

Charlie,
    That is one big combo! Congrats

I've got too give you your props, as you are a man to show your mini on a mans web forum I Congratulate you on the MiniMax machine, while sending my condolances on the other mini

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    1st or 2nd they are both great and out of my range.

Congrats Charlie!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Very nice Charlie. Congratulations!

Hey Chuck,

We need to get together and we'l have about half of what Mr. Cresti possess! Nice haul...cheeks hurt yet from the grin??
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Very nice Charlie. I am jealous, mine was supposed to be here early Jan. I have not herd a word from MM. At least I can drool over the pictures of yours.