Thread: Tool Storage Photos - Part 3

Tool Storage Photos - Part 3

Miscellaneous brackets. Not particularly clever, but I'm on a roll.......

Tools14.jpg
    Wooden mallets above, "Official Japanese Chisel Hammers" below. One fo the mortise chisel set snuck in on the left.

Tools15.jpg

Squares, etc. Hard to believe, but these guys moved a few times - my problem was getting the correct spacing so grabbing one would not knock others off the wall. Also, if you look closely, you will see that the 2 Groz squares have pegs by their bases - the bases are so heavy, that they "tilt" out of the blade slots. Magnet to the left of the dial calipers - good for holding odd-ball stuff, including a souvenier lighter from The Ubiquitous Chip restaurant in Glasgow, Scotland - highly recommended.

Tools16.jpg
    Brackets to hold wood handscrews. I have 2 each of 4 sizes, but made the brackets deep enough for 4. Walnut, of course.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I missed Part 1 but I’ll find it.
    Are the white wood supports sealed somehow? (shellac/ lacquer) I have always been leery of bare metal left against wood of any kind.
    I love what you’ve done with the place. Can you come over to my house & play?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yeah, Bruce - I always have jars of mixed shellac on the shelves, and padding cloths in half-pint mason jars, so when I make anything like that, I wipe on a few quick coats.

Was in your neighborhood about 18 months ago - I'll let you knwo next time I'm coming out there.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.