Thread: How to Keep drawers from sliding open

How to Keep drawers from sliding open

I recently bought a router table & router off craigslist for a good price. The top a rockler top and the base was made with plywood and had not been finished. I decided to finish the table and add some drawer fronts and finish it up to make it look nicer. After finishing it, the drawer slides were a little stiff so I applied some wax to them. Now they are super loose, so much so that when I roll the router table out (its on wheels), all of the drawers open up. Any ideas on how to get the drawers to stay shut while rolling the table around? I was thinking about the child locks but that just seems like it would eventually just be a pain. Or maybe some sort of weak magnet, enough to keep it closed when moving.

Thanks

My vote is for magnet catches.

Blog Entries
    +1 on magnets. Drill hole, glue in magnet, screw washer to opposite surface. Doesn't take a lot of force. Generally, in my experience, if you can stop them from "starting" to open they will stay closed.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks for the quick and simple solution.