Thread: Cutting my first commercial sign!

Cutting my first commercial sign!

I'll be cutting it from 1" Duna and it's to be a 2 sided hanging sign 2'x2'. My present plan is cutting 2 separate signs and epoxying them together. Can any of you pros out there tell me how you would approach reinforcing it to be rigid enough to handle the swinging and to hold eye hooks so it can hang from a couple of chains. I appreciate all your input! Thanks, Kurt

Since you are gluing together, you can consider a sheet of galvanized steel or aluminum between the sheets, which will
    stiffen it and provide a place to hang. Either cut with tabs/holes coming out the top or drill holes near the top of the metal and put thin but strong wire loops prior to gluing up. Good luck.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I recently did a job like that. I cut the backsides of each out to fit a piece of plywood in the middle and bolted the hangers into the plywood prior to gluing the two sides together.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.