Thread: NFL Draft

NFL Draft

"And with the 13th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions chose...credibility."

BY MICHAEL ROSENBERG
    DETROIT FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

Look out for that D-Line. It's gonna be a BEAST!
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Assuming they actually are going to have a good D-Line, they'll get plenty of time to show it as the offense will make sure the other team has plenty of advantage on time of possession.

I don't know, David...their 2nd and 3rd round picks ain't too shabby. Filled a couple of glaring holes on the offense. Gonna go ahead and give my boys an "A" in this draft so far...
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

detroit has done well in several drafts in a row now, they should have an outside shot at the playoffs next year barring major injury to key players again.

cam newton is the new jamarcus russell.

i think the saints had the overall best first round.

and watching belichick screw people out of 2nd round picks year after year after year is pretty entertaining.

glad ryan mallett wound up with the pats too, he'll have a shot to make a decent career there.

atlanta trading up for a receiver? just when you think the falcons are figuring it all out, they go and blow it on a complete bonehead move like that.

At least Detroit is headed in the right direction. Now if they can just keep Stafford healthy!

Detroit is going to make the division more entertaining. Now if we can do something about those woeful Vikings. Not too much mind you, just enough to make it slightly interesting.

Go Pack Go.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

All those years I lived in Michigan - from '78 - '03 - the Lions were so consistently pathetic - when the season-opening kickoff happened, it meant the Lions were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. For me, it was like being a kid in one of those schlocky horror flicks - cover your face with your hands, but you can't help but peek through your fingers.

I wish I could find a video montage showing clips of the Lions' first round draft picks from, say, Billy Sims and Barry Sanders in 80's on through. Chuck Long...Reggie Rogers...Andre Ware....Joey Harrington...and a couple dozen guys that no one can remember, because they weren't atrocious, they just disappeared.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.