Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all of our Armed Servicemembers

To all of our Armed Servicemembers

..... especially those that have spent the better part of the last 10 years deployed in the middle east.

Well done, and thank you!

+1 Great News!

+1 here as well, Thank you from all of us that are safe today because of the sacrifices you fine men and women have made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What does a pirate dawg say?

+1 - We are deeply indebted and grateful for all our service men and women that provide the basis for our freedom and way of American life.

Thank you for your the dedicated, relentless service. Mission Accomplished.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Thank you. It seems so inadequate for all that you give, and we really do appreciate you.

Add my thanks to all involved! We must remain ever vigilant.
    Mick

Our nation's finest have taken out the world's worst.

Blog Entries
    It's a tough job, thanks for doing it.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

many thanks from me

+1 on the Thanks. I appreciate our service members and those at home protecting our soil.

The service members did what they needed to do and I don't disagree with what was done.

I think it is okay to feel a sense of justice, but it concerns me that people are literally "dancing" in the street in celebration. Bad person or not, it is still the death of a human being.

Are we any better than anyone else if we take pleasure in another's demise?

Blog Entries
    I will add my thanks to all the others for the service our young people give. But also ask for prayers of protection as Al Qaeda and the Taliban will surely seek retribution. God protect them all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Prince View Post
    +1 on the Thanks. I appreciate our service members and those at home protecting our soil.

The service members did what they needed to do and I don't disagree with what was done.

I think it is okay to feel a sense of justice, but it concerns me that people are literally "dancing" in the street in celebration. Bad person or not, it is still the death of a human being.

Are we any better than anyone else if we take pleasure in another's demise?
    I don't think it's really celebrating the death a person. Rather, it's celebrating the end of a very large evil on a truly global scale. And besides, he was not a human being by any definition in my dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    ..... especially those that have spent the better part of the last 10 years deployed in the middle east.

Well done, and thank you!
    +1 Thanks to everyone who labored all these years to bring Bin Laden to justice.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    I don't think it's really celebrating the death a person. Rather, it's celebrating the end of a very large evil on a truly global scale. And besides, he was not a human being by any definition in my dictionary.
    Dictionary Definition:

human being
    n a member of any of the races of Homo sapiens; person; man, woman, or child

Yes, I agree that we can celebrate the end of a very large evil, but dancing in the street to celebrate that? We may not agree with what he has done, but it is not our job to judge his actions. That is reserved for a higher power no matter what power it is that you believe in. (The higher power could be judicial or religious.)

And just to make it very clear, I am an American and agree that it was one of those necessary evils that needed to be dealt with, but taking pleasure in another's demise seems like a greater evil.