Thread: Run For The Roses Today

Run For The Roses Today

You just have to love the Kentucky Derby even if you aren't a big horse racing fan. To all of you folks from Kentucky let me gloat about a horse from Virginia

Secretariat also know as "Big Red" was a Triple Crown winner you may have heard of.....gloat off

And the owner was from Colorado.....

And after he retired, all his "girlfriends" visited him in Kentucky.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Actually, I not much of a horse racing fan, but I'm planning to run for the roses today too. HD has a buy 2 get 1 free deal on roses and my wife wants a few more knock-outs. Good luck on the VA horse.

My father died in August of 1972. He was a big time horse racing fan. He had the racing forms delivered to our home in Illinois...daily.

He had one chest of drawers full old racing forms and notebooks where he tracked horses, trainers, jockeys, owners and bet accordingly.

I am not a gambler but out of respect, and rememberance, I try to watch the Triple Crown races each year and I think of my Dad.

I miss him still.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

My dad, who passed on 52 years ago, was also a big racing fan and bettor. So much so he was addicted--he would frequently go to two tracks in one day--runners in the day and sulkies at night. He would drive to a newsstand in Dayton to pick up his racing form on days when he couldn't make it to the track. It was his only vice but he had it bad.

I was at the Derby twice, first time when the filly won. It is truly a spectacle.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

GO MUCHO MACHO MAN..................I only follow the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont just wondering if there will ever be another Triple Crown winner in my lifetime. I've been disappointed several times over the past few years.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do