Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sublimation

Sublimation

Hey everyone, we just order a Ricoh GX7000 Printer, wish us luck.

The laser is great but we just wanted to be able to offer a few more different things. We welcome any advise you can share.
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I got one last year, love it. No clogged heads.

Good luck with your new capabilities! I have a Ricoh 3300 and love it!
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

Same here 3300 ... gel ink lasts forever, well it seems that way.......and color is great!
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

We got a GX7000 last December, and have had no problems with it.
    We're still learning, and I have bought all kinds of things to try to sublimate. (coin purses, car flags, can koozies)

Go to a fabric store and buy some 100% polyester white fabric. WOW! And try polyester ribbons.

My sales rep recommended to buy the extended warranty for the GX7000, anytime within the first year.
    She said some of them have power issues. I think I'll do that in Nov.

I look forward to seeing what neat creations you two come up with!
    ULS X-660 CO2 50 watt (July 2008), Corel X7, Photograv, GX 7000 for dye sub, Graphtec vinyl plotter, Rayzist Sandcarving system (Nov 2018), JPT MOPA M6 30 watt Fiber Laser (May 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Shelton View Post
    Go to a fabric store and buy some 100% polyester white fabric. WOW! And try polyester ribbons.
    Polyester cloth works great and if you sew you are only limited by your imagination.

I started doing napkins a few months ago, pretty cool and cost with transfer about $.70ea.
    Conde sell a hardboard stock in smaller sheet size (about .125" thick) cuts well with the
    laser and transfers are nice. I use this material for many things.

Rowmate Mates are another interesting material, this is a very sturdy decal material
    I use this for insets in poker chips and blank coins I by from NWT Mint.

You'll have a lot of fun working with this.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Shelton View Post
    We got a GX7000 last December, and have had no problems with it.
    We're still learning, and I have bought all kinds of things to try to sublimate. (coin purses, car flags, can koozies)

My sales rep recommended to buy the extended warranty for the GX7000, anytime within the first year.
    She said some of them have power issues. I think I'll do that in Nov.

I look forward to seeing what neat creations you two come up with!
    Amy, we got a Ricoh 3300. Conde sells 15 x 15 fabric swatches, they come in a package of 25 and my wife says that the price is real good for what she is doing with them. She makes these corn bag warmers. (not sure your familiar with them, but she sews them up, puts shelled corn inside of them. You heat them in a microwave to keep your hands warm in winter. You can also use them as a cold pack). She intends to sublimate designs on them. They also sell fabric by the yard, they have canvas, duck and the vapor type stuff, all sublimatable.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Got my 3300 last week and I printed a few logo's for coffe cups last night. I found the temperature and time I was using for Artaininum ink is a bit to hot for the gell ink and the different paper so I have to make some adjustments.

I want to try dye-sublimating pictures on aluminum sheet, does anyone have a good sourcs for the sheet and recomendations for the sheet color?

Keith,
    Conde has it. However, if you want to just try some different things, buy what they call a test kit, a U5653. It has 50 pcs of 4x4 material, some hardboard, aluminum and fiberglas reinforced plastic. It is all white. The kit is $22.50 + frt.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Conde, has a pretty good selection of things, silver, gold & white.
    Just remember the inks are transparent so background color shows through.

They have some specialy designed and cut for hanging wall murals

I get hardboard stock from them, cuts good with the laser. Johnson Plastics
    sell larger sized and coated on both side if you need it.

You will have to use the paper designed for the Ricoh.

Not sure where you got your printer from Conde developed their own ICC Profile
    and it is pretty darn good!

I found that quality varies greatly in Dye Sub products so finding a good vendor
    is important. Conde has a great tech support staff with any issues.

One more thing with Conde you can purchase large format transfered products
    pretty reasonable (enough for a decent mark up) You send them the image they
    print and transfer for you. Maybe worth looking into as you do much commercial work.

No, I don't work for Conde,
    They only sell Dye-Sub products, so they seem to know their stuff. Lots of You Tube videos from them.
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

I agree with Marty. I am using their profile and it produces excellent results. I am printing from Corel X3. The color management needs to be set up properly. David Gross from Conde called me and he and I set up the driver and the color management over the phone. They prefer to be involved with it so that you get good results from the git go.
    Also, Keith, if you did use Conde, they have a big pdf on recommended settings. I keep it on my desktop so I can access it quickly as needed.

I Checked the Conde web site last night and will be placing an order today. I couldn't find the big pdf file you mentioned Larry, I will look again this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I Checked the Conde web site last night and will be placing an order today. I couldn't find the big pdf file you mentioned Larry, I will look again this afternoon.

I believe to get to the tech support area you need to set up a login acct.

Here is another link to one; (not happy with the support they give for defective products
    never had to jump so many hoops) but it give a good idea to start with.

www.laserreproductions.com/Transfer-Instructions.html

Keith PM me with your address and I'll send sample stuff for you to work with, some of these items
    were a bit harder to find as main vendors didn't carry them. I'll let you know where you can purchase
    them if you like them!

Just returning the favor for the Corian samples sent!
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Keith,
    They will have to set you up with what they call Partner Net. That will be in the Support area. You must have bought your printer somewhere besides there or they would have already given you the number and all to sign up for it. I guess you just have to buy something to qualify for it though.