Thread: What a drag...

Unhappy What a drag...

I was pretty excited about this weekend. There is a woodworking show in town - www.woodworksevents.com - and I took a vacation day on Friday to squeeze two days out of the show. On top of that, I had ordered Package # 8 from Woodpeck last week and it was all scheduled to arrive on Friday. Sound pretty good, so far, right?

Well, my Woodpeck package was coming from two source locations - the Incra stuff from Dallas, and the rest direct from Woodpeck in Ohio. I discovered early in the week that the four packages from Woodpeck all had the wrong address - wrong zip code and later found that the street address was wrong too. That stuff ended up about 200 miles north of my home. That would have been okay since all of the really important stuff was coming from Dallas - tracking looked good for the three packages from a high level, but when I got home from the WW show (more about that later) I found that only 2 of the 3 packages were delivered! I looked at UPS tracking and found the third package was in Syracuse, NY. New York??? I live in California! The Woodpeck packages I can understand - two numbers of the zip code were transposed, and they were ALL wrong. The ones from Dallas, however, I don't get. Of course it was too late in the afternoon to reach anyone from Woodpeck to discuss. Of couse the package that didn't arrive was the one with the rails in it - not much I can do to set up the saw until at least 2/10.

Now the WW Show - I was told that this show was better than the one put on by TWS, but I got there and was pretty disapointed. After about 2 hours, I had seen pretty much all I cared to see. There wasn't really all that broad of a representatin of stuff to buy. Most of the major machine vendors were there, but that wasn't really my focus. It wasn't bad - just a bit of a letdown. Put it this way, I ended up stopping at a nearby Rockler store on my way home (no, they weren't at the show either) to pick up a couple of small items. After the TWS show in November, I really though I'd be able to see a lot of stuff, but it just wasn't the case.

I'll post pics of the saw once I get it all set up...

I guess the weekend can only get better, right?

- John

John,

Sorry to hear of all of your troubles! I have a terrible time getting packages as well. I have resorted to always getting a tracking number and always calling to add detailed instructions when via UPS. When it is USPS, you are at their mercy!

Hope your weekend get's better!!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by John Hulett
    I discovered early in the week that the four packages from Woodpeck all had the wrong address - wrong zip code and later found that the street address was wrong too.- John
    Not to stir up a sniff -- but where did they get the address? I've ordered literally tons of stuff that had to be shipped and nothing has ever gone to the wrong address.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

When I called Woodpeck, they had the correct address on the order/invoice. But then she double checked something and saw that what ever was entered into UPS was incorrect.

Of 7 total boxes, 2 arrived without issue, 1 in New York and 4 in central California - all from the same information I gave them at the time of ordering. I dunno what could have been the problem...

I also went to the November TWS wood show and thought it was very good-- I went to the Southern Calif. WW show today and was disapointed. Hardly any people there, and not many vendors, but they had a very good display of wood crafted items including rockers and tables. They did have a lot of demonstrations. I do not think it will be there next year because of the poor turnout.
    Jerry

After seeing Mark's tool gloat from the Ontario show, I thought I might be in a minority about my disappointment. I too really enjoyed the items that had been submitted for competition and on display, although what I really wanted to do was get my hands on them and really check them out (open the drawers, etc), but was afraid to. Really impressive stuff, though!

After leaving the show yesterday, while at the Rockler store, I saw a gentleman roaming the store with the same orange sticker from the show. We had a short chat and agreed that the show was not up to par. It can't be good when folks are stopping a the Rocker store on the way home from a WW show!

I'm looking forward to the TWS show in Pamona at the end of April though!