Thread: Accuris Laser

Accuris Laser

Anyone have any issues with an Accuris laser? 30W, 19x26. Mainly negative issues? How well does the rotary work? How easy to work with or work on?

I have a chance to pick one up at a fair price but need to make a decision real soon, something I don't really like to do. But this is a special situation. Any comments good or bad greatly appreciated.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Jeff

I don't believe tech support transfers with that brand. It may not be an issue as it is manufactured by GCC and there are a good many owners here who could probably assist if needed.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks for the reply. I guess I never realized the tie to GCC. I can remember people having issues with Sign Warehouse but it seemed they were either real good or just the opposite. I know a GCC dealer not that far away. It would be great if I can get help/parts from him.

SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

I know the pinnacle lasers that Signwarehouse sells are GCC one's , not too sure about the Accuris...check first.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 05-02-2012 at 1:41 PM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Are you looking at the Accuris Micro? I think these are Laser Tools & Technics (LTT) machines (model ILS-2).

http://www.lttcorp.com/ils-series/item/4-ils-2.html

Maybe if you can find a product match you can find more users.

I'll know more tonight when I get a chance to see the machine. According to the person selling it it looks like the Pinnacle M that is on the Sign Warehouse website. Has a rotary that has never been used. For the most part it was pretty lightly used from what I have been told.

SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Sihn Warehouse rebrands their lasers - different name, different color. The Pinacle M series is probably a Mercury clone. (the one you are looking at is probably a Mercury I or Mercury II, the serial number and mfg date would probably identify it.) They keep the GCC name on the Spirit however. The small Accuris Micro seems to be an LTT machine.

It might be a good deal, but just keep in mind the clock is still ticking on laser tubes in storage, so factor in a laser recharge at some point.

Thanks for the replies. I found out last night that the laser is a Powersharp 12. Mfg. in 2007. Signwarehouse is still selling refurbs for $6000. Machine seems to be very clean, only used to cut Mylar stencils. Has a NIB rotary. Anyone have any experience with that rotary?

I see the machine has an Ethernet port but the owner has only used a LPT printer cord on it. I assume it shouldn't be too hard to configure the network port.

How is Signwarehouse to work with. In my reading it seemed they had problems in earlier years but don't see as many complaints in recent years. Anybody have any experience they would like to share? You can answer here or PM me.

Thanks again. This forum is the best!!

SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Why don't you call them right now and see for yourself.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Asking a company how they are to work with -- of course they are going to say they are brilliant. Was just looking for some real world experience. I didn't call them but I emailed and got a prompt reply.

Couple things -- their system for tech support is paid -- you have a question it's $50. Original owners get email support free but that is non-transferable. Not a problem if everything runs OK, but could easily add up if you start having problems. Another thing is apparently (if I understood right) when you need a tube replaced they don't exchange tubes, you have to ship yours in to get recharged/repaired and it depends on out busy the repair facility is as to how long it takes to get it back to you.

Also, this is not a GCC rebrand. It is made by LTT.

Tough decision -- will be a long weekend thinking it over. Would be a backup machine for me. Would make a nice starter machine for someone.

SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

I have been running the 30w Powersharp 14 for the last 5 years only problem was that at 100 speed it would band on photographs, fix was to keep speed max to 90 and no problems since. I have had a good experience with the machine and the rotary is great, (using it as I type this)

Ron
    Accuris 14 30 W, Engravelab 7, CorelDraw X4, Photograv 3, Gravotech 3000 plotter

Jeff

If that's the only question you could think of to ask then you were right not to make the call.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7