Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was thinking about getting the Delta T2 fence...but I might get the Vega

Was thinking about getting the Delta T2 fence...but I might get the Vega

So I'm going to make my desktop out of solid wood. Going to use some rough sawn so I'm going to need to rip some clean edges. Convinced my finance officer that I needed a new fence.

I have an 80's model craftsman saw with the stock fence. Yeah, time to upgrade. I know there are alot of "better" ones out there, but this is in my budget. About $150 or so shipped.

So for those that have one, do you like it? And have any of you retro'd it to a craftsman saw?
    Last edited by Troy Turner; 05-19-2011 at 10:17 PM.

The T2 is a darn good bang for the buck IMHO, and is a great match to your saw.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I had one on a contractor's saw. Great fence. I have heard of many people putting it on Craftsman saws.

I have one on my saw and like it, its very close to the Biesemeyer I have used in the past, and definitely worth the $150.

Blog Entries
    I put one on a C'man saw. Couldn't use the rear rail so I put a piece of lexan on the bottom of the fence and let it slide on the table. Soon after, my motor burned up and I replaced the saw. a friend machined the ts top and it is now my router table and the T2 is still on it.

I have it and like it. Plan ahead to drill a few new holes but not bad. I found a step by step on how to mount it on a craftsman online which was helpful.

I was fixing to pull the trigger, but noticed the Vega for $259...And, it's made in the U.S.A. There's a good chance I'll go this route instead. But I have to see if I can get my Christmas bonus early from my other half

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Turner View Post
    I was fixing to pull the trigger, but noticed the Vega for $259...
    I'm looking at the Vega too but I only see it for $279. Do you have a link for the $259? I'm talking about the Vega 40, you too?

Dave -

Found it on Amazon...The 50 is cheaper than the smaller one.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...fix=vega+fence

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Turner View Post
    Dave -

Found it on Amazon...The 50 is cheaper than the smaller one.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...fix=vega+fence
    That's the Utility 50. I'm looking at the Pro 40 which is $279 I guess.

I don't have much experience with the T2, but I had the U50 for a few years and liked it a lot. The micro adjust feature is very nice - I'm bumbing with my Biesemeyer now. The only things I didn't like about it is that most jigs are designed around a Biesemeyer style fence, and if I remember right the Vego didn't have angle iroon on both sides of the saw to mount a table too.

I bought the smaller Vega I think 36 several years ago for my Craftsman 113 series contractor saw. I have been very pleased. Easy to install and adjust, strong and accurate, and glides smoothly. If I remember correctly it was about $175 from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Todd View Post
    I bought the smaller Vega I think 36 several years ago for my Craftsman 113 series contractor saw. I have been very pleased. Easy to install and adjust, strong and accurate, and glides smoothly. If I remember correctly it was about $175 from Amazon.
    +1 on the Vega - I put one on my old Craftsman TS and LOVE IT. It is very accurate and very easy to remove from the saw when not in use. It also has a micro adjust that at times has come in very handy !

When I called the company the guy said it should mount right up. Probably only have to drill a hole in the back. Lots of y'all seem happy with the Delta though. Just didn't realize stuff was still made HERE!

Installed a T2 fence on my son's late 80's Craftsman saw about three months ago (It was handed down by my FIL). I did a lot of online research before doing this and found the best advice by following the instructions from Jeff Miller's post on this thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...able-Saw-Fence

He (and I) are delighted with the fence but it did require a bit of drilling. It helped to have a drill press to drill the holes in the rails. Drilling the holes in the cast iron top were no problem.

I wouldn't hesitate to do this again - not sure what you're getting for the extra 100 bucks for the Vega (I only know of one Vega user and he is happy with his fence as well.)
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."